What color would you like your Lumix or digital camera to be?

What color would you like your Lumix or digital camera to be?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWorld

Jan 18, 2002
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
Just wanna find out which is the preferred colour and please post why, if any.

This would somehow help me or others to decide on the FZ3 or FZ20, coz FZ3 is currently available in Silver only. It would also help the Canon 300D buyers too, coz it has released the black model!

Thanks.

Pink will be nice...imagine a pink FZ10..... :D

joking...... :sweat: i chose black... :sweat:

metallic black? :bigeyes:

how about canon S60 or S70 body color!????

Black is better can reduce heat problem :)

LifeWorld said:
I thought black retains heat, silver reduces heat.
Anyway, I like black coz it's hot! :thumbsup:

Black absorbs heat faster but also radiates it better than silver. So the dis-advantage of the former is that the camera heats up faster on a hot day. However, once you reach the shade, the black camera will cool down faster.

Firefox said:
Black absorbs heat faster but also radiates it better than silver. So the dis-advantage of the former is that the camera heats up faster on a hot day. However, once you reach the shade, the black camera will cool down faster.
Bingo!
clap clap..

metallic black

metallic bounch heat , black remove fast...

frankly speaking, i give too much to the colour, as long as it looks normal..but most importantly, it must perform. AF, etc...i mean there's no point having gold paint yet cant perform to save it's life?

FireFox is correct.
There was a debate many years ago about the colour of heatsink used in power amplifier. At that time, somebody said "silver" is more efficient than traditional black. There was the trend that people used silver or gold heatsinks, maybe they are more attractive. However, the "Black" is proven to be the winner eventually.
So Black is good for heatsink (to absorb & radiate heat faster).
And Silver is good for your car (to reflect heat energy better).
For me, my FZ3 is silver, my laptop is silver, my mobile phone is silver, my TV, Hi-Fi.... are all silver. They just match :D

Ok here is my view on this. I would choose the black because it looks professional and since i am not a professional, mind as well look professional? just for the fun of it. Well this reason is also found somewhere in the forum i think...but black still does look classy...think i am blabering...dun mind me.

Savio said:
FireFox is correct.
There was a debate many years ago about the colour of heatsink used in power amplifier. At that time, somebody said "silver" is more efficient than traditional black. There was the trend that people used silver or gold heatsinks, maybe they are more attractive. However, the "Black" is proven to be the winner eventually.
So Black is good for heatsink (to absorb & radiate heat faster).
And Silver is good for your car (to reflect heat energy better).
For me, my FZ3 is silver, my laptop is silver, my mobile phone is silver, my TV, Hi-Fi.... are all silver. They just match :D

luckiely ur wife not silver!!!

She's not, but she likes silver too. :bsmilie:

Black is the way to go man! But of course, it's not the camera but the photographer... :D

i prefer a blue or red DSLR... erm... if the finishing is glossy type best....i think the fx7 blue n red is nice...if on DSLR would be a beauty... but i doubt my dream will come true.... mostly dslr user would prefer a "pro" look with black color

heehee

kegler said:
i prefer a blue or red DSLR... erm... if the finishing is glossy type best....i think the fx7 blue n red is nice...if on DSLR would be a beauty... but i doubt my dream will come true.... mostly dslr user would prefer a "pro" look with black color

heehee
its possible! you spray lo :D just mask the lcd and the viewfinder and spray away! :D

Just wondering...

How or why does an all black camera equate to a 'professional' image or 'more professional camera'?

Was it just a trend, or are there technical/practical reasons behind it?

SHARE! SHARE! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.