What close up filter for macro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoky

Mar 17, 2004
Singapore
hoky.multiply.com
I'm looking for a close up filter for my Tamron 28-75 lens.
What's your recommendation for insect, flora shots? And at what kind of price?

same question here...
For FZ 20 with a 52mm thread... any suggestion? With a market price if happen to know... Thanks a load!!! :)

daden said:
same question here...
For FZ 20 with a 52mm thread... any suggestion? With a market price if happen to know... Thanks a load!!! :)

for what to use... you might like to check here.

daden said:
same question here...

Try getting a Nikon 4T. It has a 52 mm thread and a great macro filter for pana' users. Do avoid getting a Hoya +4 because its quality is not as good as the 4T.

metallilan said:
Try getting a Nikon 4T. It has a 52 mm thread and a great macro filter for pana' users. Do avoid getting a Hoya +4 because its quality is not as good as the 4T.

That's a very expensive filter we're talking about here, right?
Canon has the 500D which is expensive but without the thread size I require (67mm).
For beginner's sake, I'll just start with Hoya or Tokina... I'll take up the Canon / Nikon with decent primes if I'm really addicted to it.

I understand that we focus to infinity and use the close up. What kind of close up distance do I need for insect shots so as not to scare them away? Macro experts please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.