What Canon Body Should I Get Next . .

Waltdisney

Nov 25, 2012
Singapore
Hi Everybody,

I had my Canon 350D for more then 5 year now, I'm thinking of getting a new Canon Body, I do lots of travelling and shot mostly landscape and nite shots.

I need some advise on what model should I upgrade to next.

Cheers
Vincent

state ur budget. and what lens u have now.

Hi Everybody,

I had my Canon 350D for more then 5 year now, I'm thinking of getting a new Canon Body, I do lots of travelling and shot mostly landscape and nite shots.

Cheers
Vincent

Get the best you can afford.

If got budget, go for 5DmkIII, if got lesser budget, go for 5DmkII or the spanking new 6D (about to be release soon). If with yet lesser budget, go for 7D or 60D... and yet lower budget then better stay with your 350D and get new lenses.

got money 5D3. no need think just buy.

6D will be available starting today

i used to have the 350d so i know its shortcomings

i suggest upgrade to the 600d (2nd hand) or 650d because these newer models now have video, spot metering, the latest image processing engine (a HUGE jump compared to the original Digic on the 350d ) and alot of other functions

this series of cameras although economic in price are great for their very quiet shutters

its 2nd generation vs current 7th generation techology ..... so retire the 350d and get a more up to date camera .... from Canon or another system

good luck

Last edited:
Hi Everybody,

Cheers
Vincent
If that's the case.. any camera on the Canon page is alright for you. for traveling, landscape and night shots. :)
Look carefully though..some are full frame while some are the APS-C. Again, both are alright for you. So..just get the one that matches your budget. If no budget. Just buy the most expensive 1. :bsmilie:

the 650D, 60D,and the new 6D are all very good cameras in their own rights, you can consider any of these

you can go to the canon store at vivocity to try out the cameras for yourself because only you yourself will know what you like

350D was a dam good DSLR, I used to use it to get creative colorful pics (I usu like muted colors, but sometimes I need the colors), as the bros said, depends on your budget. Most of the newer chips produce really good pics even in low ISOs. 1100D, 650D, 7D, 6D, etc.... all good bet

Go for full frame body, you have to let us know your budget. Otherwise you will see people suggesting 1DX.

Full frame because you have the wideness due to full frame sensor and also 5DII, 5DIII, 6D have excellent high iso performance at night if you need it.

Wait for 6D reviews and make a decision.

Again depends on your budget...

If you have quite abit of crop lenses, you might want to wait for the 7Dmk2 (or whatever it would be called).

If you only had the kit lens, u r free to upgrade to anything and/or change brand as long as u have the budget.

Set a budget, and Google for reviews of models of that price range, and we can see from there...

Waltdisney said:
Hi Everybody,

Cheers
Vincent

Hi bro, recently I just upgrade from 1000D to 7D and have felt lot of improvement like IQ, control during shot easier, change setting or function during shot with just pressing buttons and rotating 2 wheel, faster focusing, better hand hold of camera, better noise at iso 6400 as compare to 1000D iso 1600.... Etc

But 7D is just heavier as compare to my old 1000D so need to train arm strength
And also different memory card used

If you need to ask, then you haven't done enough research yet.

hlkh78 said:
Hi bro, recently I just upgrade from 1000D to 7D and have felt lot of improvement like IQ, control during shot easier, change setting or function during shot with just pressing buttons and rotating 2 wheel, faster focusing, better hand hold of camera, better noise at iso 6400 as compare to 1000D iso 1600.... Etc

But 7D is just heavier as compare to my old 1000D so need to train arm strength
And also different memory card used

Add in a 70-200mm f2.8 and yr arm power will raise by triple. Ha

u have to ask urself, is ur camera body restricting ur photography? if yes, u must know why it is restricting. if you dont know, stick with ur current camera and wait till u know.

If you prefer a bigger APSC body, 7D will be a great upgrade. Even its now around 2 years old, its still a great body.

If not, 650D will be great too.