what can i put inside a dry cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erictan8888

Nov 9, 2004
Singapore
hi,

just like to check, besides putting camera boody and lenses and film in a dry cabinet, can i put the following in a dry cabinet, or cannot?

1. memory cards, like CF cards, memory sticks, SD cards etc ?
2. mount on external flash
3. batteries: rechargable batteries for cameras, flash etc.

thanks in advance....

Yes I put all the above inside my dry cabi. :lovegrin:

i've lots more stuff inside. those small collectible clip-pins, papers, old report books, autographed stuff... you name it, i've got all sorts of stuff in there. oakley lens bags, mini-dv tapes, vhs tapes, nt cutter...

erictan8888 said:
hi,

just like to check, besides putting camera boody and lenses and film in a dry cabinet, can i put the following in a dry cabinet, or cannot?

1. memory cards, like CF cards, memory sticks, SD cards etc ?
2. mount on external flash
3. batteries: rechargable batteries for cameras, flash etc.

thanks in advance....

Sure. As long as there is enough space. :bsmilie:

i got my user manuals in there too.. heheh :blah:

yanyewkay said:
i got my user manuals in there too.. heheh :blah:

Good idea. So can find them easier. All the camera related stuff put together. :bsmilie:

put stuff that need to be kept dry.
and do not put stuff that cannot be too dry.
You must also note that different humidity level
is used for different things.

how much is a dry cabinet?

$70+ onwards... depending on size.....

i got my at $99.... its a 30 litre digicabi.... a bit small but for now, will do....
i heard someone say electronic meter not accurate, and the anologue meter are more accurate.... dun know how true.... anyway, the 30 litre digicabi is using electronic meter....

One thing you should not place inside your dry-cabi is leather stuff. It will dry up your leather and your leather will turn brittle over time! Pls note!

XXX Boy said:
One thing you should not place inside your dry-cabi is leather stuff. It will dry up your leather and your leather will turn brittle over time! Pls note!
That depends on your cabinet settings, if your cabinet is storing stamps and coins, the humidity will not be suitable for cameras.

Different settings will cater for different things.

espn said:
That depends on your cabinet settings, if your cabinet is storing stamps and coins, the humidity will not be suitable for cameras.

Different settings will cater for different things.

Yes, I know.
The original thread-starter ask "just like to check, besides putting camera boody and lenses and film in a dry cabinet, can i put the following in a dry cabinet, or cannot?", so he must be using it to store camera body and lenses inside his dry-cabi...so I told him not to put leather products into it also la. :D

so what should the cabinet settings be for a camera and lens?

knoxknocks said:
about 45-55% humidity

so it is a once-set-always-set thing? if i did not access the cabinet to touch my camera for a month, will the humidity change? or do we have to monitor it every now and then?

Status
Not open for further replies.