What can I get for S$400 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RX24

May 11, 2004
Hi all,

I'm new here. I was wondering, if it is possible to get a starter package (body + zoom lens) for around S$400 ? I'm thinking of starting with a used AF SLR. Nikon, prefably. Ability to use remote control is an important buying factor too.

Thanks.

Nikon AF? A used F55/F60/F65 with a kit zoom lens will fit into your budget pretty well.

I'm from the Canon camp, and I'll recommend a used EOS 300 with kit lens if you prefer. With $400 and a bit of luck you can get the body + lens + vertical grip.

Ah Pao said:
Nikon AF? A used F55/F60/F65 with a kit zoom lens will fit into your budget pretty well.

I'm from the Canon camp, and I'll recommend a used EOS 300 with kit lens if you prefer. With $400 and a bit of luck you can get the body + lens + vertical grip.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Other than Peninsula Plaza and the building across the road from it, are there any other places with a wide selection of used cameras ?

Thanks.

RX24 said:
Hi all,

I'm new here. I was wondering, if it is possible to get a starter package (body + zoom lens) for around S$400 ? I'm thinking of starting with a used AF SLR. Nikon, prefably. Ability to use remote control is an important buying factor too.

Thanks.

yes.

used mint condition Nikon F65 with 28-80mm zoom lens and remote control : $380

zaren said:
yes.

Good deal for a good camera...

But if you are looking for a real bargain, go for Minolta SLRs... think you can get a dynax 5 (similar capability, if not better than F65) with a kit lens at about $300 plus minus. ;)

The_Cheat said:
Good deal for a good camera...

But if you are looking for a real bargain, go for Minolta SLRs... think you can get a dynax 5 (similar capability, if not better than F65) with a kit lens at about $300 plus minus. ;)

... and you will have a babe to service your dynax 5.... :eek:

zaren said:
yes.

I hope the F65 dosen't have a plastic lens mount like the F55 ?

RX24 said:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Other than Peninsula Plaza and the building across the road from it, are there any other places with a wide selection of used cameras ?

Thanks.

Think u can also check Alans at Sim Lim out. I was also looking for a new cam a mth ago and found that they hav a fair range of each brand.

RX24 said:
I hope the F65 dosen't have a plastic lens mount like the F55 ?

the f65 has an all metal lens mount.

zaren said:
yes.

are you selling the f65 mentioned? or is it some place you saw?
pm me if you are selling it. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.