what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ross

Mar 3, 2002
sg
Visit site
I have a potentially sticky situation and am seeking fellow photographers who have been in this situation to give some advise. Here goes,

I have a wedding shoot this weekend (16&17). I found out today that there is going to be a mobilisation scheduled on 16th. I know for sure that it will clashed with my photo shot timing. What can I do? It is too late to ask for a replacement photographer and also I rather do the shoot myself. I am also part of the advance party and must stay at the mobilisation point until the recall is finish. Help.:dunno:

Eh, doesn't your unit inform you like way in advance about this?

Originally posted by ross
I have a potentially sticky situation and am seeking fellow photographers who have been in this situation to give some advise. Here goes,

I have a wedding shoot this weekend (16&17). I found out today that there is going to be a mobilisation scheduled on 16th. I know for sure that it will clashed with my photo shot timing. What can I do? It is too late to ask for a replacement photographer and also I rather do the shoot myself. I am also part of the advance party and must stay at the mobilisation point until the recall is finish. Help.:dunno:

Write it to the unit and request to be excused because of the wedding.....

YSLee, I don't think unit will give you advance warning for mobilisation, I think you are referring to in camp training,

mpenza, I will try it. Have you try it and if you have, do they excuse you?

:dunno:

YSLee, I don't think unit will give you advance warning for mobilisation, I think you are referring to in camp training,

mpenza, I will try it. Have you try it and if you have, do they excuse you?

:dunno:

My unit does. Gives me the next 3 mob sessions.

those mobilisation notice that you receive are standby notice, ie it might happen or it might not. But I know for sure it will happen this weekend. I, too receive the mobilisation notice for the coming month but I usually ignore it as I usually receive the 'confirm got' notice by my area IC like a week or so in advance.

What can I do? It is too late to ask for a replacement photographer and also I rather do the shoot myself.

Hi

if u rather do the shoot yourself, my advice is to call up your unit and ask for an excuse. I don't know the success rate of such things (since my NS unit hasn't been mobilised....YET), but it's worth giving it a try.

but meanwhile, i suggest you source for a replacement photographer, just in case. there are a few freelance wedding photographers here too who may be able to help cover you.

It depends on whether your unit is "xiao on" or not. For example, my unit does not recognise such problems except in life and death matters.

However, please CALL your unit now, rather than wait until the last minute. It is always better to try rather than fail to try. At there is a 50-50 chance that they may excuse you.

Meantime, there are so many experience photographers over here. Perhaps you can request their help in case you have to attend the mob exercise.

What say you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.