What can I do with Nokia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucatus

Jan 3, 2005
Singapore
www.camwerkz.com
I purchased the Nokia N70 mobile phone, stylish design and loaded with functions that thrills…underneath this beautiful phone something changed my view about Nokia technology and service.

I was a proud owner of the latest trend in town and I was a happy man. However this joy died away when I discovered that there were no ringing tones from incoming calls intermittently. I started to monitor the phone. I discovered that there are indeed no ringing tones for a number of calls and my business is in jeopardy – this line is my business line.

The phone was sent in to Nokia Wheel Lock place for the first time – software upgraded as stated in the repair log.

After collecting the phone I discovered the problem still exists.

The phone was sent in for the second time, this time I was assured of a “thorough” check to be done and it requires a longer time.

The phone parted from me again for another day.

I collected the phone as usual and my limit was up when I discover I had 3 missed call due to no ringing tone 5 minutes after I left the collection center.

This time I demand a change of phone but the furthest Nokia can do is to change the PCB board.

It took another 2 days of my time and I had to borrow a phone from someone. I collected the phone 2 days after 8 successful incoming calls from my wife (pre arranged) I parted the service center thinking that I have parted with my nightmare. The nightmare returns when I saw 2 miss calls from my friend at night.

Called Nokia and they insisted there is no such problems with this N70 model. I believe many have yet to discover this and I recorded a test on video on my phone. 5 out of 6 calls did not ring. This proof I brought along to Nokia the fourth time and guess what? The manager told me to wait for a new upgrade for the software to solve this problem.

The best thing is this updated software release date is yet to be known – no time limit….

May I know what can be done next as I have spent so much money and time in the latest technology with the biggest name in town and have proven to be a disaster? Maybe I should have the N90 for free and experience another kind of nightmare….

By the way, they took away phone without replacement thus; do not trade in your old phone just in case you need one like me.

U can try 'talking' to them about your mishap, and say, hey, i have no phone for xxx days, and i am using it for a business, and for all i know, i buy the fone to use, and the least you could do is to loan me a set or change a new set for me...

also explain to them that the parking fee ain't cheap, the time to be there, and the inconvenience... oh btw, u could also send the email to their HQ, via their website. that works wonder...

And you let them remark with "wait for latest firmware" ?

I would have slapped the NCC manager and made a hoo-ha.

No customer service officer will outright put their own products down, either by virtue of job or by a signed contract. Especially in front of other customers openly. Some things they might reveal if u're being discreet about it or juz ask abt it in a off-the-cuff manner. U might get lucky to get some insider news regarding lemon batches and stuff like dat.

U could have asked for a replacement model during the time ur phone is being repaired? Juz a suggestion.

i never buy a n**** and will never buy a n****. :)

I have a similar experience. Purchased the 3230 in end Sept. found that when mp3 player is being used and when an in-coming call comes in, I cannot adjust the volume after that.

Sent in to Nokia on 4 Nov for a usual frimware upgrade. Probelem not solved. Called Nokia care and was told that they are willing to change the PCB board, but currently no stock.

Waited for more than 3 weeks (till 23 Nov), till I got fed-up. Called them and they claimed PCB coming. I told them even if fly in by DHL, it will only take max of 2 days!! Told them better do something about it before I decide to see a lawyer. Their response was "I understand your fustration, but unfortunately..." Told them in no uncertain terms that they got 24 hours to solve my problem!!

To cut the long story short, I got a call about 2 hourd later and they said PCB boards have arrived!! What a coincidence!!. Anyway, got the thing changed, and was happy till yesterday 28 Nov. Phone suddenly showed "SIM card registration failed". Called service provider and was told to swap phones to see if problem persists. It did not and conclusion was phone fault. Will be sending to Nokia care again.

I think this time round, I will demand for replacement phone. Within a span of 2 months, my phone has gone in for servicing 3 times!!! Ridiculous!!!!!!!!

there is a 7 days ONE-ONE exchange..

go back to the place where u buy..

dun be "cheated" by the customer service when they say there isnt any more 1-1 exchange cos its crap...

it happen to me also when i get my 6680... lucky, i went back on the 6th day... S***t** push to Nokia, Nokia push back.. in the end i went back to the outlet and DEMAND 1-1 exchange... bo pian, they got to accept..

i think, their product cannot buy the first batch.. all got problem..

guess wat, till now my 6680 problem still cannot solve..

i think u should be FIRM and DEMAND a 1-1 exchange..

good luck to u ...

jamestan said:
I have a similar experience. Purchased the 3230 in end Sept. found that when mp3 player is being used and when an in-coming call comes in, I cannot adjust the volume after that.

Sent in to Nokia on 4 Nov for a usual frimware upgrade. Probelem not solved. Called Nokia care and was told that they are willing to change the PCB board, but currently no stock.

Waited for more than 3 weeks (till 23 Nov), till I got fed-up. Called them and they claimed PCB coming. I told them even if fly in by DHL, it will only take max of 2 days!! Told them better do something about it before I decide to see a lawyer. Their response was "I understand your fustration, but unfortunately..." Told them in no uncertain terms that they got 24 hours to solve my problem!!

To cut the long story short, I got a call about 2 hourd later and they said PCB boards have arrived!! What a coincidence!!. Anyway, got the thing changed, and was happy till yesterday 28 Nov. Phone suddenly showed "SIM card registration failed". Called service provider and was told to swap phones to see if problem persists. It did not and conclusion was phone fault. Will be sending to Nokia care again.

I think this time round, I will demand for replacement phone. Within a span of 2 months, my phone has gone in for servicing 3 times!!! Ridiculous!!!!!!!!

hey james, could u update IF they change ur hp.. read my experience above..

thanks..

That time I bought a Nokia phone from M1 shop, at the shop checked ok, went home found the LCD flickering, went back to M1, they immediately exchanged another brand new phone for me, no question asked, took less than 15 minutes.

I'll rather use a mitsubishi, alcatel, or any brandless HP then a .. hrm.. u know what.

Anyway sony ericsson and samsung are always top on my list. :think:

Same for my 6230... bought the first batch and it's all buggy... till today.

I dun tink I'll buy another Nokia for a very very long time.

Similarly for my current cam too...mabbe I "suay".

i think his case is one off incident...i been using nokia since their 'banana' phone 8110 came on the market...and been on Nokia eversince, currently using 7610....no major disasterous problems so far.

But i feel Nokia should give him a new change of phone since after servicing twice, it's still faulty.

I never use Nokia anymore.
Remember 8210? Tis model is known for it's vibration problem. Sent for repair a few times, they couldn't solve the problem. In the end, I went to Night Market & passed to those Ah Beng HP stall for repair. it only took him less than 5 min to solved it. Just add a piece of cardboard or something to hold the vibrator in place, it's it!

Then came the 8810, silver sliding model. Batt level always shows Low Batt.
Sent to Nokia for service. 3 times, can't solve. Changed PCB as well, claiming that that's the last thing they can do. Can't solve.

6610, keypad problem. Bottom groups of the keypad not responsive. Know problem. A few of my friends have this issue too. Got this model with my wife. two of them encountered this problem after less than a 1 wk. Demanded 1-to-1 exhange, not allowed. upgraded firmware etc... after 2 repairs, we gave up.
That's where I gave up Nokia from then.
Using O2 XDA II for 2yr now. No problem.:thumbsup:

I think Nokia Service centre is suck. I have visited 3 outlet for repairing of my phone and my friend phone. All of the places i have to go back the second time. The recent case two weeks ago to wheellock place,i send my 6260 for repair due to LCD faulty. When i went back to collect my phone, i notice there is a hair in the phone. However the helpdesk personal bring back to repair the phone on the spot, the second time she brought out the phone, there is a small water stain on it. The best response from her is she said the technician hand is oily so it cause the stain.WOWO..this is proved the Service centre is suck...Unprofessional in handling customer and also a dirty environment. I have e-mail to make a complain but it is the same old cut and paste respone from service centre...I will reckon that the Headquater in Finland change the autorised dealer in Singapore to improve on the Service Quality...Nokia suck as i have to keep my phone for another 1 year till i change to another phone.Boring

actually sometimes new phones are pretty problematic.... Wait for at least 6 months before buying it, this will give some time for first batch of users to find out faults and bugs and for the company to debug them via "Software upgrades". These upgrades are not mainly for upgrading your phone system but more for debugging bugs.

Have heard from a engineer on one of the phones when colour screen phones were first released. He said in a bid to release the phone before its competitor, all major testings were not done, basically the phone was still behind completion and was very unstable. But from the business point of view, a release into the market was crucial so as to not behind in the color screen phone race. At that time 3 phone manufacturers were fighting to be the first to release a colour screen phone. Hence needless to say this particular model was prone to breakdowns.

SONY ERICSSON ROCKS!

NOKIA SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!

MOTOROLA WORKS SOMETIMES!

SAMSUNG IS FOR SAMSENG!

ALCATEL? THEY GOT MAKE HANDPHONE MEH?

PANASONIC.....I THOUGHT THEY ONLY MANUFACTURE DVDS AND HI-FI SETS????

SIEMENS.....GERMANS ARE ONLY GOOD IN BUILDING CARS LAR.

MITSUBISHI.........EVO 8?

Actually nowadays, all this technology last only a few months and max out a year. That is why those TELCOS is offering such fantastic deals but given out lemons........

As to your topic.

I'd say - Chunk it.

Motorola and SE (so far i've used) caused me no problems. Infact, when my motorola phone was sent in for a service and a final firmware upgrade just before the warranty expired, although they stated that I had to pay for the battery (as battery was giving problems), they just gave me a free battery without asking me to pay for it. :thumbsup:

As for nokia, i'm using their flagship communicator and i'm utterly disappointed.

Having seen their 9210 in the past, I thought why not get 1. It turns out to be a disaster. The 9500 has been plagued with build issues from the start, from the front clip becoming loose over time, to kernel crashes within the OS. That's only the start, later, i find that to upgrade just a simple firmware, the turnaround time TAKES 1 WORKING DAY. OMG! .. Motorla's turnaround time would be around 4 hours, SE, being only 2 hours. :rolleyes:

Basically, Nokia, everything they touch and they will undoubtedly deny, any faults in the phone and ask you to pay for it even though its under warranty.

At present, my entire hinge is loose and they want me to pay for the housing change, whent they know darn well that its a build problem, the cost, borne by the customer. I'm seriously not sure what is with their strategy.

No more nokias for me. Ever.

centuryegg said:
actually sometimes new phones are pretty problematic.... Wait for at least 6 months before buying it, this will give some time for first batch of users to find out faults and bugs and for the company to debug them via "Software upgrades". These upgrades are not mainly for upgrading your phone system but more for debugging bugs.

Have heard from a engineer on one of the phones when colour screen phones were first released. He said in a bid to release the phone before its competitor, all major testings were not done, basically the phone was still behind completion and was very unstable. But from the business point of view, a release into the market was crucial so as to not behind in the color screen phone race. At that time 3 phone manufacturers were fighting to be the first to release a colour screen phone. Hence needless to say this particular model was prone to breakdowns.

Some people are in those trendy mode. Any new phones, they will go buy it.:bsmilie:

I agree.

Ever since nokia bought over the symbian rights ..everything has gone down hill from there.

Looks / fashion - nice meh? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.