What can I do with 2 flashes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrericlee

Sep 27, 2008
Singapore
I have a Canon Speedlite 420EX. I broke it and bought another one.

So, if I repair the broken one, I will have 2 same flash.

What can I do with 2? Can I program them to flash from 2 separate locations (SLAVE)? HOW?

Only if the other one you bought is the 580EX, 580EXII or 550EX.

I have 2 flashes and it's great for off cam photography. Thinking to get one more.... Get a wireless trigger and you can do wonders. I think they are available at TagoTech.

BTW, my cam has a built in wireless trigger so I'm not really sure how canon does it. Canon guys, care to assist?

for WA zoom lenses u may need that extra flash for adequate coverage.

you can trigger both 420ex using wireless remote and trigger.. but bare in mind that this will burst in full power due to no manual adjustment...

Why only the 5xx Series? Please help to explain.

Because only the 5xx series has a Master function to trigger off the other 2. 420EX can only act as a slave.

What can you do with 2 flashes =) You can:

Give 1 to me.
Sell it away
Use both with wireless trigger and control the power with other methods, such as umbrellas / direction. Play with it.

then 1 for each eye lor..remember to use gridspot or snoot so all goes straight in..

I like honeycomb effect more.... :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Don't get radio triggers. your 420EX doesn't have manual controls, right?

you can use ND gel on flash or changing the distance between the flash to subject to control the intensity of the light.

for example, if you get f8 on your subject when the distance of flash to subject is 8', you move your flash closer at 4', you will get f11. (half the distance is gain one stop)

and if you move your light backward to 16', you will get f4 (double the distance will lose two stops)

hope this help.

Status
Not open for further replies.