what can i do to remove the dots that is cause by low-light condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
i hav this pix, taken at BBT, someone block my flash, making the pix taken a low-light 1,
wat can i do to make the pix more smooth and clear? tks for the info

JediForce4ever said:
you mean to remove the noise/graininess?

sorry i dun really noe all tis cos i just started into a snap world in nov, so alot of thing i still dun noe, anyway, wat is noise and graininess? tks, i need yr help

can ps do the job?

compro_1975 said:
sorry i dun really noe all tis cos i just started into a snap world in nov, so alot of thing i still dun noe, anyway, wat is noise and graininess? tks, i need yr help
Noise is what we refer to as the grainy effect of the pic in Digital photography.I guess its what you mean that the image is very rough(something like sandpaper vs white paper right?).
One way is to lower the ISO level of your camera.However by doin this, you will have to open up your apperture and slow down your shutter speed, which might cause handshake to be quite obvious in the picture.To solve this problem, use a tripod.:)

JediForce4ever said:
Noise is what we refer to as the grainy effect of the pic in Digital photography.I guess its what you mean that the image is very rough(something like sandpaper vs white paper right?).
One way is to lower the ISO level of your camera.However by doin this, you will have to open up your apperture and slow down your shutter speed, which might cause handshake to be quite obvious in the picture.To solve this problem, use a tripod.:)

so no software can cure tis? the pix has been taken, time has fly, need to save it:dunno:

compro_1975 said:
so no software can cure tis? the pix has been taken, time has fly, need to save it:dunno:
maybe Neat Image can:dunno: ..but only to a certain extent...maybe i shld leave this question for the pros....

JediForce4ever said:
maybe Neat Image can:dunno: ..but only to a certain extent...maybe i shld leave this question for the pros....

neat image? a program? intro, i try it out

I don't think much can be done. I may be wrong though. But personally, I believe in getting it right on the spot and not rely to much on post porcessing... ;)

Noise is a result of high ISO, which is necessary for the image to be captured if the available light is insufficient (and flash is not used).

Here's a tutorial on using photoshop to reduce noise.

Btw, I haven't found a satisfactory one, and mainly use noise ninja. Much easier with way better results than the tutorials I had read.

The PROs use noise ninja to get rid of image noise due to high ISO. Unfortunately the software doesn't come cheap but its really good.

I use the reduce noise filter in CS2 which produces acceptable results. Doubt you're using CS2 are you?

But if you REALLY want the shot, there's a rather complex method (used by PROs as well) that blurs our the image texture using the median filter and reintroduces artificial skin texture. A bit long to document here and you need some exp to vary the settings based on the resolution of the shot, but it works.

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
i think noise nija is $19.95 USD. not too bad a price. :)

can i hav the full name and the version of it, i try to get it;) tks

compro_1975 said:
demo ver. i can not use.... anyway tks, i wait till 2night and can anyone can tell me how to do it in ps

The demo version of Neat Image can be used. Did you try at all?

lowlightcondition1ff.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.