What camera/laptop bag are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRSAMO

Nov 17, 2008
Australia->Japan
I'm actually trying to find a camera/laptop bag/backpack that would actually fit in an overhead compartment on most airlines, the one that I really wanted was the Naneu K4L but the depth was too big to fit.

Has anyone else had an experience looking for a similar bag for travel?

Thanks!

I use a Crumpler 7 million dollar home. It is sufficient for me, but it really depends on the amount of photographic equipment that you intend to bring.

Mmmm...... What camera bags am I using.....

For carrying lots of lens - Tamrac - Expedition 7 (no laptop compartment)

For medium among of lens - Lowepro - Flipside 400 AW

For small among of lens - Lowepro - SlingShot 200 AW

For only 1 lens - Lowepro - Toploader 65 AW

:sweat:

Have a look at what Think Tanks can offer. They give comparision of the different types of carry-on luggage/backpacks in their site.

Used to use a few bags, now narrowed to one.

Stealth reporter = shoulder ache + backache when fully loaded with gear + laptop
Crumpler bucket + Crumpler bag = shoulder ache + backache when fully loaded with gear + laptop. hardly survived a day with it
Domke J1 = Shoulder ache + backache when fully loaded with gear + laptop in external case. shoulders almost died.
Kata OC-84 + Shootsac = weird stares when walking around pulling the trolley (OC-84) when moving around, shootsac comes out when i reach location and begin shooting. no aches whatsoever.

So the combination i'm sticking with for now is the Kata + shootsac. I'd rather go with weird looks than aches. The OC-84 is something like an organiser case rather than a bag. fits my 15inch macbook pro and all gear.

Lowepro fastpack 250 and above for camera and laptop, and still fit in the overhead.

I'm actually trying to find a camera/laptop bag/backpack that would actually fit in an overhead compartment on most airlines, the one that I really wanted was the Naneu K4L but the depth was too big to fit.

Has anyone else had an experience looking for a similar bag for travel?

Thanks!
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454559&highlight=targus

for $30-ish, a lot of stuff can go in + is already weather resistant and well padded.

I don't carry many lenses, hence a Primus minimus or a Kata 3N1-20 is good enough for me!

i bought this camera bag from bangkok MBK produced by the famous camera shop call fotofile.

its basically domke combine with lowepro. for sgd 65 buck. absolutely love it

I'm using the kata DB455.
can hold a 14.1" laptop and cam n lens :thumbsup:

I'm using Lowepro fastpack 250.
Fits my laptop + body w/ lens + 2 lens + 1 flash + others stuff.

if event, need change lens easily - ThinkTank belly dancer w/ modulus
if 1 lens - ThinkTank Digital Holster 40
if 2 lens and maybe a flash - ThinkTank Speed Freak
if many lens and laptop - ThinkTank ShapeShifter

if tio toto, will buy a car and a pelican 1510 :bsmilie:

btw, ThinkTank is poisonous :nono: (at least for me)

2 lens max for me so im using the flipside 300

Lowepro

lowepro fastpack 350(new) selling with S$128 at Cathay, while Fastpack 250 is selling at S$270 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.