What brands of rechargable works for you and where to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hptay

Dec 12, 2002
www.pbase.com
Hi,

I am planning to buy 2 sets of rechargable batt for my sigma 500DG flash. Anyone out there been using the GP 2200 rechargable batts? They are kinda expensive ($90 i think for 4 batt + charger..)

Anybody tried other brands of rechargable batt?

Thanks bro :D
at the rate u reply my posts... u can be my sensei liao :D

been meddlin with the sigma flash.. yesterday heart nearly dropped when i put in a set of sony batt n took 15 sec to recharge... almost died ah.. den started thinking about makin the batt pack.. but wife says she aint gonna lugg that thing around .. so now lookin for rechargables...

just found out that fresh ikea batts takes about 2sec to charge the flash.. yippies!

hptay said:
been meddlin with the sigma flash.. yesterday heart nearly dropped when i put in a set of sony batt n took 15 sec to recharge... almost died ah.. den started thinking about makin the batt pack.. but wife says she aint gonna lugg that thing around .. so now lookin for rechargables...

just found out that fresh ikea batts takes about 2sec to charge the flash.. yippies!
oh.. did I tell you that the Sanyo 2100 took less then that?? :devil:
Anyway, if you are free, make a trip down to Eastgear, I'm sure they have all the batteries you ever need....

oh u evil person you... tempt me so!!!!!! Prob buy the sanyo ones...
gonna drop by cuz gotta collect tix also.. mention CS got discount anot? hehehehehehe :p Which charger are you using ah?

btw, which CS member is the tua tao of eastgear?

hptay said:
oh u evil person you... tempt me so!!!!!! Prob buy the sanyo ones...
gonna drop by cuz gotta collect tix also.. mention CS got discount anot? hehehehehehe :p Which charger are you using ah?

btw, which CS member is the tua tao of eastgear?
Well you go in ther eand shout .."I want to speak to the Tua Tao"
see which one response lor..

Yeah say you recomand by mi... wondering if they will throw you out or not! :blah:

Anyway, no need discount.. price very good liao...

if tomolo dun have posting from me... den u know i must have kena thrown out and broke something lar...

thanks for the tip. will head there to check it out.. gota get omnibounce and other stuff today (after the @$#$*&#$! contractors come fix my aircon..) ... not to mention collect the zoo outing tix

hptay said:
if tomolo dun have posting from me... den u know i must have kena thrown out and broke something lar...

thanks for the tip. will head there to check it out.. gota get omnibounce and other stuff today (after the @$#$*&#$! contractors come fix my aircon..) ... not to mention collect the zoo outing tix
go go go
hehhee

bottom line: dont just get one set of batteries (one set being 4 AAs, pretty standard). get at least two sets, along with a charger if you haven't got one smart charger. personally, i'll suggest a maha mhc401fs + 8 sanyo batteries. pricing wise - you'd still have to check out with eastgear.

at a point of time, this was what i had:

03-03-22-batteries.jpg

now i only have five sets - 1 set with my sister's friend, another two with my brother in law... having 8 sets is a good thing, especially when you're doing diving and you don't want to miss the opportunity to shoot photos when you're already down there...

Egah! Thats a whole lots of batteries ^_^~

very convinced that sanyo is THE choice... haha.

Thanks sehsuan for that awe-inspiriing pic

get at least two sets, so in case when you need to change to a "fresher" set of batteries, you still have something to change to when you still need the flash to be used. :)

hptay said:
Egah! Thats a whole lots of batteries ^_^~

very convinced that sanyo is THE choice... haha.

Thanks sehsuan for that awe-inspiriing pic
Actually there is not need for you to get so many sets.

1st of all, do you know your shooting style? If youo those Machine Gunner and just wack and wack then it advised to get a set or two more. If you more of the sniper tye, a set is well good enough. Anyway, a good will be 2 sets. And you can still use it for other things.. ie :mini-fan.

GP has given me good service so far. I'm recently using the Sanyo 2300's I picked up at South Asia computer (Funan). I've had bad experiences with Sony and wouldn't buy them again. They were OK for 3-4 months and after that they started losing charge quite fast. Even my 2-yr old GP's would hold charge for much longer.

hptay said:
Hi,

I am planning to buy 2 sets of rechargable batt for my sigma 500DG flash. Anyone out there been using the GP 2200 rechargable batts? They are kinda expensive ($90 i think for 4 batt + charger..)

Anybody tried other brands of rechargable batt?

I am using the Sanyo 2300 with my Sigma 500DG flash. Not too bad, I got the Maha Charger + 4 x 2000 Maha Batteries (comes with Charger) and 8 x Sanyo Batteries for about $70, I think, but definitely less then $90.

Oh, I got it from East Gear too :).

Actually, I was planning to get about 2-3 sets of batteries. Its more for event photography. Suppose to have one this saturday. Its a DnD and i suppose I would be using lots of flash.

Will probably be getting 2 sets first and backup with those ikea batt :)

Blurblock, Which of the maha charger are you using? Is it the C401FS Cool Charger or or C204F smart charger?

FYI, generally rechargables charge up flashes faster than alkalines (those extra seconds count). So have 2 fully-charged sets for your event.

Not to mention being more environmentally friendly and wallet-friendly. :D

latest...

eastgear Maha charger outta stock..sigh~

hptay said:
latest...

eastgear Maha charger outta stock..sigh~

Hi, do you know how much are 4X2100 Sanyo batt and 4X2300 Sanyo batt now? Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.