What brands of lens is compatible with canon 400D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teegongkia

Aug 13, 2007
A place where no man can enter
Hello everyone

I just got a canon 400D. Was wondering that beside canon lens, are there other brands of lens that are compatible with canon camera?

I heard tales that some brands of lens give really lousy results, any suggestions for any reliable and cheap brand of lens(other than canon's lens) which can give almost the same effects as canon lens??

The others that are compatible are Sigma, Tokina and Tamron. You may check at the equipment discussion forum --> Others.

Hello everyone

I just got a canon 400D. Was wondering that beside canon lens, are there other brands of lens that are compatible with canon camera?

I heard tales that some brands of lens give really lousy results, any suggestions for any reliable and cheap brand of lens(other than canon's lens) which can give almost the same effects as canon lens??

hi how much u get it i looking for 400d also

Hi all, just joint cludsnap 5 minutes ago!
I'm getting Canon 400D kits soon, and has went to some SLS shop for quotes.
OP $1150-shop warranty.
SB $1316 local warranty.
AP too busy with customer..
Another shop (forget name) $1305 local warranty.
Lens i looking at Tokina 50-135mm f/2.8 Pro DX or
Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 USM IS.
Now I'm lost, which shop to buy from & which lens to go with.:confused:

With correct adapters, you can fix old Canon FD lenses, Leica, Nikon, Pentax as well.

I just got my on Sat from Alan Photo.

$1499 for the following items:
1) 400D + 18 - 55m Len
2) 2 GB CF
3) 5 GB CF
4) Digi 30L Dry Cabinet
5) EOS bag
6) Lense book
7) 20 DVD-R

Hello everyone

Other 3rd party brands as follows:
- Sigma with canon mount
- Tokina with canon mount
- Tamron with canon mount

In term of optic quality is good but not focusing speed.

I just got my on Sat from Alan Photo.

$1499 for the following items:
1) 400D + 18 - 55m Len
2) 2 GB CF
3) 5 GB CF
4) Digi 30L Dry Cabinet
5) EOS bag
6) Lense book
7) 20 DVD-R

Good deal cos I bought my set @ 1669SGD fm Ap as well.

Some third party lenses are on par with the Canon's versions. Look for the third-party's "pro" series lenses like Sigma's EX or Tokina's ATX-PRO. And for same effects? I don't think you'll catch the L disease with that. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.