What brand of Washing Machine is reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haze

Aug 16, 2005
I am looking for a washing machine below $300.

Yesterday went to alexandra.
There have quite a few brand .. Toshiab, samsung, Techno, LG and Sharp.
All of them are Fuzzy free.. some even Ion coat

But then which brand is more reliable?

get Panasonic.... same old National brand reliability.

tao said:
get Panasonic.... same old National brand reliability.

i never see panasonic thou

Buy at Best Denki, then sign up for the 5 year warranty plan. U play a little more but u have 5 years free repair and maintainence.

Nowadays, most of them brands including the Korean one are very reliable. One machine can easily last you 5 years. My Samsung machine has been serving me faithfully for about 7 years without any problem and is still going strong.:)

redstorm said:
Nowadays, most of them brands including the Korean one are very reliable. One machine can easily last you 5 years. My Samsung machine has been serving me faithfully for about 7 years without any problem and is still going strong.:)

i quite like samsugn too.. my samsung DVD player more then 5 yrs.. still quite good

just that i saw quite many LG washing machine

My Samsung washing machine comes with a 5 yrs warranty on the motor. :thumbsup:

We used to have a LG washing machine for 10yrs+ and is still working now. Korean products rocks!!!!

jeffhiew said:
My Samsung washing machine comes with a 5 yrs warranty on the motor. :thumbsup:

We used to have a LG washing machine for 10yrs+ and is still working now. Korean products rocks!!!!

My samsung washing machine also 5 years on the motor .. but it doesn't cover the PCB on top of the panel.... :(

Then i should be taking LG lor.. got to find one with Ion Coat.. because putting inside toilet :)

AEG is really the industry setter :)

but then again too ex liao ;)

plsoong said:
AEG is really the industry setter :)

but then again too ex liao ;)

Chey ah Bao!!... i looking for a machine below $300 leh..

You can't get this anymore, but my mum's AEG lasted 24 years with only two repairs/maintenance within the first five years.

When it finally died two years ago, it was a just a small plastic part that burned off from over use, and the part has been discontinued. Even then, AEG can machine the part for us, just that it will cost something like RM500 to machine and fly it in. Decided then to change to a newer machine for RM1500. The Karung Guni man bought the carcass for RM150!!!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Handwash best... 2nd best... send to laundry... ;p

all the while we handwash, but lately my mum legs getting bad.. she have problem squarting down..

Haze said:
Chey ah Bao!!... i looking for a machine below $300 leh..

$300? I sell you my second hand washing machine.......If you get below $300, you are asking for trouble as it's too small to wash blanket or curtains. Second is that the lifespan is much shorter. Third those cheap washing machine spins so fast, it may damage your clothes too.

If you can spend less on your shoes, dress, cosmetics, eat at home(as I noticed you like to eat out with friends) and whatever else you spend. Then you can buy yourself a good washing machine that does not damage your clothes.

yowch said:
You can't get this anymore, but my mum's AEG lasted 24 years with only two repairs/maintenance within the first five years.

When it finally died two years ago, it was a just a small plastic part that burned off from over use, and the part has been discontinued. Even then, AEG can machine the part for us, just that it will cost something like RM500 to machine and fly it in. Decided then to change to a newer machine for RM1500. The Karung Guni man bought the carcass for RM150!!!

yep my mum had AEG machine till about 2 years back whereby the same plastic thing burnt off... but AEG is still in SG....just that BLARDY EX!

BTW u CAN still get it....its along bukit timah road ;) there's where AEG is :)

yowch said:

wow liao.. so rich...

Pro Image said:
$300? I sell you my second hand washing machine.......If you get below $300, you are asking for trouble as it's too small to wash blanket or curtains. Second is that the lifespan is much shorter. Third those cheap washing machine spins so fast, it may damage your clothes too.

If you can spend less on your shoes, dress, cosmetics, eat at home(as I noticed you like to eat out with friends) and whatever else you spend. Then you can buy yourself a good washing machine that does not damage your clothes.

Why must i take ur 2nd hand washing machine. Dun be rude ok.
Pls go check electronic store.. u are out dated.
$300 i can get a 6.5kg load washing machine.
Spend how much on my clothing is non of your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.