What brand of backpack used/owned?

Which brand of backpack used/owned?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAF Fullpack !! :bsmilie:

use to have a Deuter... a gift from my family 50 or 60 L...cannot remember.. vy good...

now owe a 75L Camel...even better... but is too big for me

No this thread is started in 2004.

btw, deuter is like a rare item now. Funny how things change in 5 years.

Hi folks,

Apart from Beach Rd, Sports Connection and Queensway, are there any other good places to find rucksacks? I'm searching for a 60L pack with budget <$200. Ran around the whole weekend but ended up not finding a suitable one. The main function is for travelling, but I'd prefer top-loading with more compartments than just 2. Any recommendations?

For those who've been to Chop Chip Huat at Beach Rd only recently, do you recall whether they sell Karrimor? I think I didn't search thoroughly, only focusing on Deuter and Tatonka when I was there.

anybody use deuter backpack as a camera bag...i wanna buy a backpack which can store my clothe and water bottle...
i knw got alot of lowepro,crumple ,tamrac backpack got two compartment..but i seldom carry more lens..normally is wo lens one flash,....

You can put a small camera bag in one of the two compartments of the backpack. I put mine in the top of my topload deuter- easy to take out with no worries of spilling. The bottom compartment for clothes and maybe a jacket. Works pretty well. Pretty secure too- the only way in is via the top (they will have to undo the latch and sling it up- very obvious) or slash it. Great for holidays.

Just wanted to obtain feedback on backpacks as I need one. I was at beach road army market recently trying to decide on a backpack for my impending Europe trip. Am thinking of getting a 50+10 litres...however the shopowner told me that deuter is not so lasting/durable as compared to the paste and showed me examples of deuter bags waiting to be sent for repair. He recommended lowe alphine bag (slightly more expensive). Then I went sports connection and the person told me that deuter is better and lowe alphine got fewer models. Hmm...getting confused :dunno: and asking around doesn't help cos not many pple own backpacks (they usually borrow). As this is an investment in a way, hope to get a durable one. Hope you can share some experience with me, cheers!

I suggest you go visit Camper's Corner. They don't carry all the brand you listed, but they do carry other good stuff. Expensive yes, but quality is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.