what brand/camera is good for taking people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryokane

Aug 9, 2009
I am wondering what camera is good for taking photos of human/people?

r u good at running?
Mgt get whack if you take people who dont like to be photograph...

All cameras are. The real limitation is not the camera, but what's behind the camera.

you want to take photos of people sneakily, or stick a big lens on to people face type?

and what is your budget?

and kind of quality of photos you are looking for?

and what kind of people you like to take, man? woman? young? old? real? fake?

all cameras that you know how to use.

most cameras are not that hard to learn how to use, when it comes down to the crunch.

Fuji DSLR! Very good skin tone.

You may want those with Face and Smile Detection.

get a Nikon.

nikon-faces.jpg

ghosts60nikon.jpg

nikons60ad.jpg

nikons60ad.jpg

:thumbsup: x5...:bsmilie:

I am also a newbie but I think generally those common brand of camera should be good...but I will choose a prime lens + external flash for taking portrait (especially in indoor or poorly lighted situation). just my newbie POV.

as the guys above have implied .... it does not matter the camera

but I do encourage you to use shorter focal lengths that takes in more of the environment your subject is in (10-22, 20mm, 35mm and NO MORE than 50mm) IMHO

you should also have a liking for communicating with people ..... that is the one most important piece of equiptment that money cannot buy

erhmmm..... there is going to be temptation of using a long tele zoom to shoot street and people from afar..... that is cowardly and cold IMHO ..... I would avoid that (just my suggestion)

:sweatsm:

Seem like our catchlight bro pics has caught more attention than the TS Qs.

as the guys above have implied .... it does not matter the camera

but I do encourage you to use shorter focal lengths that takes in more of the environment your subject is in (10-22, 20mm, 35mm and NO MORE than 50mm) IMHO

you should also have a liking for communicating with people ..... that is the one most important piece of equiptment that money cannot buy

erhmmm..... there is going to be temptation of using a long tele zoom to shoot street and people from afar..... that is cowardly and cold IMHO ..... I would avoid that (just my suggestion)

Errr...arent candid shot suppose to be shot in this way (from a distance w/o the subject awareness)???

I say canon

My cousin say nikon

My sister say sony

My friend say pentax

My friend's friend say olympus

So how? buy all?

Errr...arent candid shot suppose to be shot in this way (from a distance w/o the subject awareness)???

its just my personal opinion and bias ..... if you like to shoot with 300mm nobody can or should stop you :)

mostly 28 or 35mm focal lengths below

becakrider.jpg

ConstructionWorkers.jpg

mumbai4.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.