What book are you reading now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stereobox

Dec 21, 2003
Cocteau Twins
book lovers out there...attention!

this thread is for you =)

feel free to share what books you are currently reading. it would also be useful to other readers if you can add a little info or review about the book you are reading.

happy reading!

my current read: The Story of God - a personal journey into the world of religion and science - by Robert Winston.

although i'm not a particularly religious person :)bsmilie: ), this books makes an engaging reading for the layman. it examines, in a succinct but critical and analytical way, the evolution and historical relationship between man, his science and religion.

reproduced from the backcover:
"The modern world, from the tiniest microchip to the information superhighway, is dominated by and dependent upon science. Yet whether we realize it or not, we live in an age where faith is still an important influence on our lives. For although Christianity may struggle to win new converts, Islam appears to act as a unifying, energizing force for many of the world's most dispossessed people. Even popular beliefs in various aspects of the supernatural - ghosts and spirits, fortune-telling, faith healing - are more vigorous than ever.

In
The Story of God Robert Winston examines the relationship between science and religion across time, beginning with the primitive worship of our early ancestors and concluding with a vivid portrait of faith in the modern world.

Grand in scope, adventurous in tone - and written from the perspective of a respected scientist who is also committed to Judaism - this groundbreaking work traces a line across continents, cultures and eras."

Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, Spirit walker by Michelle Paver

Yes its a 'childrens' book but I read the first book and got hooked..

National Geographic Photography Field Guide

For One More Day - Mitch Albom (author of Tuesdays with Morrie and Five People You Meet in Heaven) :)

One Country, by Ali Abunimah

The Lessons of History by Will and Ariel Durant

Michelangelo Antonioni - The Complete Films

Art & Fear - Observations on the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking, by David Bayles and Ted Orland

hi people, i've edited post #1 to includes this

book lovers out there...attention!

this thread is for you =)

feel free to share what books you are currently reading. it would also be useful to other readers if you can add a little info or review about the book you are reading.

happy reading!

cheers! :)

One Country, by Ali Abunimah

The Lessons of History by Will and Ariel Durant

Michelangelo Antonioni - The Complete Films

Art & Fear - Observations on the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking, by David Bayles and Ted Orland

hi Doc! you are reading Antonioni?

from his body of work, Blowup was the one that made an impression on me. originally for the portrayal of 60s modernist London - i held a fascination for the era at that time - but latter, for the way the director tries to say something without actually saying it. in search of the 'truth', the protagonist tries in vain to 'blow up' reality to look at it closer, but in the end, loses sight of reality itself.

ok, perhaps im writing too much, but i really like the film. anyone who would like to borrow the dvd, feel free to get in touch with me.

His Majesty's Dragon, by Naomi Novik

i.MX31 and i.MX31L Multimedia Applications Processors by Freescale

Status
Not open for further replies.