What are your views on Slik Pro 714CF II tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L-plate

Mar 16, 2008
I'm considering purchasing the above. Mainly attracted by it lightness, the expendable height and the shortness when its kept. Do hope someone has used it and able to share their experience or even better, recommend me a another model. This model was quoted slightly less than $500, please do recommend me around that range or less. Say my budget can be stretched just a little bit longer for a better one.

Paramount to me is the weight as I've spoken to quite a no. of bros and after sometime, they find the tripod a burden to carry. It can be quite heavy when you consider the camera body, lens, flash(es), etc. But again, I do understand that the lighter it is, the less steady it may be and camera shakes might occur when there's a wind. Therefore I don't wanna be penny wise, pound foolish... quite headache actually.

4906752103616_300.jpg

When folded - 460mm
Max height - 1,530mm
Lowest possible spread when fully spread - 185mm
Weight - 1,390g

if my description is confusing, this is the site I pinched the inform from,

http://www.slik.com/carbon/e/4906752103845-e.html#

Thanks for your reply ortega.

Is that a little too little? May I know what is the suggested weight capacity for most users would look out for? Thanks.

Thanks for your reply ortega.

Is that a little too little? May I know what is the suggested weight capacity for most users would look out for? Thanks.

that is actually quite good

your camera and lens (not so heavy) should be around 2 - 2.5KG (i think)

Thanks again. Guess I'm more sure of getting this tripod. :)

SLIK_PRO714CF_II.jpg

The SLIK PRO 714 CF-II tripod uses space-age carbon fiber material to reduce weight and improve rigidity for a more stable camera support. This model uses four leg sections to fold down to an incredibly small 18.1 inches. It's compact size and light weight of just three pounds makes it the perfect tripod for back-packing and hiking. Despite it's folded size, the PRO 714 CF-II tripod will reach eye-level when fully extended.

The PRO 714 CF-II has SLIK Twist-Lock Leg Locks to insure sturdy camera support. The Twist-Lock legs allow the tripod to support up to 10 pounds of camera equipment, more than enough to handle a digital SLR. The tripod is an excellent traveler, and can easily be strapped onto most of today's photo backpacks.

The maximum height reaches 61 inches (eye level). For low angle photography the PRO 714 CF-II has SLIK multi-angle leg locks that allow the angle of each leg to be positioned individually. Combined with the included short column, this full-sized tripod can be lowered to just 7.25 inches from the ground. Another benefit of the multi-angle leg locks is the tripod's ability for easy setup and positioning on uneven ground like rock or steps.

Recommended Heads for the PRO 714 CF-II

Pan Heads
SH-806E,
SH-705
SH-705E
SH-707E

Trigger Release Ball Heads
AF-2100
AF-1100E

Ball Heads
Standard Ball Head II
SBH-320 – SBH-320 DQ
SBH-280 – SBH-280 DQ
SBH-280E

Maximum Height: 61.2 in. (1,555mm)
Minimum Height: 7.25 in. (185mm) not including a tripod head
Retracted Length: 18.1 in. (460mm)
Center Column Extension: 11.8 in. (300mm)
Sort Column length: 4.8 in. / 122 mm.
Tripod Head Mount: Standard 1/4-20 thread
Weight: 3.00 lbs. (1,390 g)
Max. Capacity: 10.0 lbs. (4.5kgs)

Good advice. Didn't think of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.