What are you planning to get @ COMEX 2005?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro Image

Senior Member
Oct 31, 2003
2,822
0
0
46
Last planet from the sun
#2
Adam Goi said:
Well? :devil:
Looks like you do this post Annually hur? Hehe.....

Going to get some MAC product if there is discounts. If not, I will be getting plenty of brochures....from those pretty models.

Anyway, SLS i think still sells cheaper prices than this fair.....

If there is a DVD writer and casing which supports Firewire and which has a good pricing, I may get it as my iBook is only Combo Drive only.
 

londonray

New Member
Mar 25, 2005
839
0
0
#4
Belle&Sebastain said:
external DVD writer, must look good!
me too external DVD writer... any idea rough costs? good brands?
 

Pro Image

Senior Member
Oct 31, 2003
2,822
0
0
46
Last planet from the sun
#5
londonray said:
me too external DVD writer... any idea rough costs? good brands?
Sony ones are quite nice looking about $280 but it seems to be a little too sensitive on the lens part. So sometimes u put in a scratch DVD/CDs, it may not read it.

The rest not too sure about it as Sony has a cool casing!
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,857
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#6
the usual suspects are there, at least from the ads - TEAC, Immation, Benq etc... my personal fav for the DVD burner is TDK. :)

i wonder if there are good deals for CF cards? apart from EG's sticky in consumer, i wonder if there are other deals for Sandisk... :think:
 

s2s1

New Member
Nov 4, 2002
637
0
0
38
AMK
Visit site
#9
Nikon S2. Anyone aim for this cam also? Can share me any info you have? I can't get any review from internet.
 

nikonsiao

Senior Member
Sep 2, 2004
2,060
0
0
50
singapore
www.weddingdairy.blogspot.com
#10
s2s1 said:
Nikon S2. Anyone aim for this cam also? Can share me any info you have? I can't get any review from internet.
i hope you mean coolpix S2, not the original S2 right? that's a ancient cam....
Yo bro, there is news of coolpix S3..why get S2? wait wait........:bsmilie:
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#14
Pro Image said:
Looks like you do this post Annually hur? Hehe.....

Going to get some MAC product if there is discounts. If not, I will be getting plenty of brochures....from those pretty models.

Anyway, SLS i think still sells cheaper prices than this fair.....

If there is a DVD writer and casing which supports Firewire and which has a good pricing, I may get it as my iBook is only Combo Drive only.
Got TDK, got LG dat can even do DVD-RAMs as well.

Owned both. Prefer the LG. Some might go for Pioneer.
DVD burners are rather cheap these days. For abt $150 u can get the LG one.

There are plenty of Firewire casings out there. All compatible. Just make sure u get those AC powered ones, not bus powered.
And don't ever turn on ur firewire casing transfer data, connect ur iPod simultaneously and copy songs over.
 

alechim

Senior Member
Aug 8, 2004
1,728
0
0
Redhill
#15
Not around to get any goodies, was hoping to get some gd bargain DVD writer..but my favourite TDK no more...:cry:
 

dEthANGeL

Senior Member
Jun 20, 2004
1,652
0
36
Siglap
#16
jsbn said:
Got TDK, got LG dat can even do DVD-RAMs as well.

Owned both. Prefer the LG. Some might go for Pioneer.
DVD burners are rather cheap these days. For abt $150 u can get the LG one.

There are plenty of Firewire casings out there. All compatible. Just make sure u get those AC powered ones, not bus powered.
And don't ever turn on ur firewire casing transfer data, connect ur iPod simultaneously and copy songs over.
Wrong.

Not all firewire casings are compatible with DVD writers. Only those with Prolific chipsets are compatible and capable of doing writes at 16x optimally.
 

Jun 27, 2002
3,802
0
0
here
www.9frames.com
#17
londonray said:
me too external DVD writer... any idea rough costs? good brands?
i saw a nice looking sony ones abt >$300, but did not know its so sensitive. So Sony out!

others in the range of >$200 nowadays cheaper about $75 -$100 from last year.;p

also need an external harddisk.

also need to win TOTO:bsmilie:
 

dEthANGeL

Senior Member
Jun 20, 2004
1,652
0
36
Siglap
#18
alechim said:
Not around to get any goodies, was hoping to get some gd bargain DVD writer..but my favourite TDK no more...:cry:
TDK is still around .. except that they're using the original drive from NEC now. But you'd be better off with a LG or a Pioneer. I'd avoid sony at all costs after my last fiasco ... :rolleyes:
 

dEthANGeL

Senior Member
Jun 20, 2004
1,652
0
36
Siglap
#19
Belle&Sebastain said:
i saw a nice looking sony ones abt >$300, but did not know its so sensitive. So Sony out!

others in the range of >$200 nowadays cheaper about $75 -$100 from last year.;p

also need an external harddisk.

also need to win TOTO:bsmilie:
Everyone wants to win TOTO :p....

I'm tempted by the TeraNAS by Snazio ... :think: :sweat:
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
39
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
#20
Pro Image said:
Sony ones are quite nice looking about $280 but it seems to be a little too sensitive on the lens part. So sometimes u put in a scratch DVD/CDs, it may not read it.

The rest not too sure about it as Sony has a cool casing!
just get an external 5.25" casing and your favourite DVD writer (which cost <$80 for latest model), u can still reuse the casing for hard disk or for a faster DVD writer next time

make sure the casing support 16x writing too
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom