What are you off to this year?

petetherock

Oct 9, 2006
This is not the usual tips thread I start, just wondering where everyone is off to, and who knows, we might just meet up...

Look out for a Dilbert-like dude with his new Kata DR 467.... :)

- Calcutta
- NZ S Islands
- Bali
- Beijing
- Taipei
- Yunnan, Li Jiang + Cang Yuan

(all work of course...)

Last edited:
March - Bali
November - Kerala, Karnataka

Early July - Cape Town, for a World Cup quater final match ;)

Yunnan/Lijiang/Shangrila/Dali - Late May for grad trip...is it peak period for china?

This is not the usual tips thread I start, just wondering where everyone is off to, and who knows, we might just meet up...

Look out for a Dilbert-like dude with his new Kata DR 467.... :)

- Calcutta
- NZ S Islands
- Bali
- Beijing
- Taipei
- Yunnan, Li Jiang + Cang Yuan

(all work of course...)

You know where you will be going for the entire year??? That's great as you can plan.. I get, at best, 2 weeks notice! So other than this coming personal Hokkaido trip in May, I don't even know what's coming...

Mar - Sogod Bay (Philippines) = Scuba Diving
Jun - Penang & Tioman (Scuba again)
Nov/Dec - Taiwan (still planning)

:sweat:

Just as I was saying... 2 week notice, I just got notice that I am required to travel to India... Sigh, there goes my stomach! Then again, maybe it's good - I can lose some weight from this trip! :p

Just as I was saying... 2 week notice, I just got notice that I am required to travel to India... Sigh, there goes my stomach! Then again, maybe it's good - I can lose some weight from this trip! :p

Oh which part of India?

I'm going to Beijing! :lovegrin:

You know where you will be going for the entire year??? That's great as you can plan.. I get, at best, 2 weeks notice! So other than this coming personal Hokkaido trip in May, I don't even know what's coming...

wow.. nice !!!!!

bali is definite.

i hope to go somewhere else at year end, depending on how it goes.

May: Mount Kinabalu
Sept: Still deciding btw Hong Kong or Taiwan... if go Hong Kong I will be broke when i come back :sweatsm:
Oct: Melbourne

:)

Oh which part of India?

I'm going to Beijing! :lovegrin:

Bangalore - The IT hub.

Beijing, I just came back from there 2 weeks ago. Work again, but got to go to Great Wall.

wow.. nice !!!!!

Well, yes it is, but I think your pics will be better.. at least to me.. Got snow.. Me, no idea what it will be like. ;p

Bangalore - The IT hub.

Beijing, I just came back from there 2 weeks ago. Work again, but got to go to Great Wall.

Well, yes it is, but I think your pics will be better.. at least to me.. Got snow.. Me, no idea what it will be like. ;p

Oh great wall! How you went there? You took day tour? If not, is it easy to go on our own?

In June to Kashgar, Tashkurghan and a trek up the Pamir mountains.

Oh great wall! How you went there? You took day tour? If not, is it easy to go on our own?

Well, from what I heard it's easy to get to Badaoling, and it's near a train station if you are thinking of not taking a day tour. For me, my Beijing colleague was gracious enough to drive us (there were 4 of us who wanted to go to Great Wall) to Mutianyu. Would you believe that it took us almost 2 hours to get there, even if it was only 70km from Beijing!

We actually did not want to disturb our colleagues from their day off, so we checked the counter for day tours but it was going at around 450RMB per person for the tour. We ask the hotel front desk if there were any other way to get there and they recommend getting a driver at 900RMB for the whole trip which will bring us there and back. At last resort we called our contact colleague for our this trip to ask if she knows any driver whom we could trust (or get a better pricing)... She says she will check - Next thing we know she says that it has been arranged and it will be this colleague who will pick us up and bring us there... The funny thing is, he, despite being a local, has not been to that section of the great wall and he actually were not certain of the route, but he had done research by using Google map to plot his route! On the way, he had to refer to the Google map. Pretty interesting trip we had.

It was a great trip, but, man, I suffered for the next few days - Had not exercised for a while and recovery now takes a little longer than before, so it was bad, really bad for the next few days... Thank goodness I did not have to move around much for those few days!!!!

Lebanon in july/august to photograph for an NGO which builds hospitals and schools in order to recover from the civil war.. Beirut and about 15 other towns in the country.