-= What are you listening to now? =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mezzotint said:
Hahaha...:bsmilie: Sharing my "history"?! Well I do miss those good old days a whole alot. So much music revolutions back then and I dun see any much happening right in this era, the 21st Century. And I gotta give credits to Sonic Youth on their double release albums, 'Goodbye 20th Century!' which they released it in Y2K. It somehow summarizes literally "everything" towards the end of the 20th century. Do check it out if you're able to get hold of a copy.

If I remember correctly, John Peel's show had been terminated for a few years. Correct me if I'm wrong. I could remember what happened to his radio show though John's radio show is superb back in those years, breaking away from the mainstream and promoting underground stuff and new bands new music to a wider audience. For his great contributions, I salute to him. :thumbsup: with a good thumb-up.

you remembered correctly..John Peel passed away on oct 25, 2004.

he gave airplay to a couple of our very own local bands right? i forgot the names... The Padres? that's how diverse and open minded his airplay policies were :thumbsup: really a pioneer in radio broadcasting. i remembered sitting by the radio listening to monoaural broadcasts of obscure german techno (uhm-zhi-uhm-zhi :bsmilie: ) that i assumed wouldn't have made it to any mainstream clubs here.

for me, contemporary 'popular music revolution' started ard the 60s,70s era. whatever comes after that is really just a reaction towards whatever happened during that period.

and nowadays, it's really really hard to come across artistes who have a refreshing approach/attitude towards pop music. everything seems to be a reaction of a reaction of something else. post-post-post-punk :bsmilie: avril lavigne anyone?

tired but can't sleep

listening to NewOrder's Power Corruption & Lies

I'm listening ....

to my Sun Solaris server churning away... :complain:

My maths lecturer blabbering away. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

slaam said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
where can I buy the CD of that one?
if you really want, i'll tape him the next time he calls. come to think of it, i should probably tape my responses instead ("mm hmmm... mm hmmm... mm hmmmm... etc.") and play it back to him, then i can get back to listening to Fort Minor! Yeah!

ps. Fort Minor: "Where'd you go?"... and before that... Martina Topley Bird "Sandpaper kisses"

This mostly :
20060125_001s.jpg

And "That was Then, This is Now" - Andy Timmons or "Freak Guitar" - Mattias IA Eklundh on my cd player on my way to and back from work.

Listening to Medicine Woman III: The Rising by Medwyn Goodall. :)

Witness said:
corrine may...
:thumbsup: she's tops, but which album are you listening to? i've got the one with the more pop-py tracks, apparently she has a jazz one too?

Belly - Star

hey, i like Corrine May too :)

though not exactly some of the lyrics hehe

i'm not joking.

i'm alone in the house (with my 2 dogs) and i hear 'kitchen' noises coming from the kitchen.
chair being dragged across the floor, things dropping in the sink.

repeat, i am not joking.

but strangely, i'm not that affected.

Stereobox said:
i'm not joking.

i'm alone in the house (with my 2 dogs) and i hear 'kitchen' noises coming from the kitchen.
chair being dragged across the floor, things dropping in the sink.

repeat, i am not joking.

but strangely, i'm not that affected.

pls take out ur cam now n investigate. den later go post in reportage...:sweatsm:

doug3fflux said:
pls take out ur cam now n investigate. den later go post in reportage...:sweatsm:

blair witch project? :sweat: post already, then never hear reply ever again :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.