Alittle late in my case since I have converted to DSLR since 2004. Sold all my SLR bodies except my FG which was my first SLR and Nikon make. To hang on to them is not practical as cost wise it will cost you to maintain them, takes up space and they are not so rare or classical that it is worth keeping them to pass on to the next generation. Maybe I am not that romantic in that sense nor the deep pockets to do so heheh... Besides... better to sell it to someone who would appreciate them still and most importantly use them as they were meant to be.
1. To keep it for slides. Else need to sell my light table, loupe, and etc.
2. Use it for backup. Just in case, new technology fails.
3. Keep it for sentimental sake.
4. Take up space in the dry cabi.
5. Wait till the price goes up, then decide to sell or not.
6. Keep it for my son, haha, I got my dad's FX3.