What are you doing inside the tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuthead

Oct 17, 2008
East
While I was visiting New Zealand at Milford Deep Underwater Observetory, I caught up with this little fish and quickly snap a shot it.

The difference is; I'm actually the "fish" in the tank while the real fish was in its nature habitat. The depth was around 10m and without any artificial lighting

The camera setting is as followed;

Camera: Canon 450D
Lens: EFS 18-55mm IS
F-stop: f/5.6
Exposure: 1/13 sec
Focal: 55mm
Metering: Spot

2960326839_a6ecf5ba09_b.jpg

Any C&C is welcome.

Last edited:
i don't really get what you are trying to bring across here :dunno:

my 2 cents.
I can see that the fish seems to be looking at the camera.
That's really about it. The colours seems a little off to be and i think its a little oof

my 2 cents.
I can see that the fish seems to be looking at the camera.
That's really about it. The colours seems a little off to be and i think its a little oof

Thanks. Noted.

The only avail. light source is 10m above, sunlight.

Fish was in its natural habitat? Didn't know aquariums, even the biggest ones, were considered natural.

Fish was in its natural habitat? Didn't know aquariums, even the biggest ones, were considered natural.

haha... I'm actually the one in the aquarium, while the fish is free to go anywhere it like unrestricted :bsmilie:

OH I get what you mean! It's not an aquarium like the Underwater World, but just a viewing window which faces the sea underwater right?

OH I get what you mean! It's not an aquarium like the Underwater World, but just a viewing window which faces the sea underwater right?

yupe ;)

So, have to take the fish based on the sunlight above ground and only slow shutter speed to take the pic.

Not very striking except the subject as it was the only object in the pic and the seaweed in the background is hardly visible.

Not very striking except the subject as it was the only object in the pic and the seaweed in the background is hardly visible.

Well, you already recognised that it isn't a very striking image with much background in context either. There must be some level of self-critique; one should have pride for his/her work and not just post any image asking for critique.

Secondly, you did not include a write-up with your statement of intent, what fields you intend to seek critique on and so on. You may like to take a look here on how to do a proper write-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.