what are those specks?

summrj

May 19, 2008
hey guys.. just wonderin.. are the specks around the lamp-post due to a dirty lens? or something else?

DSC_8849.jpg

they aren't as apparent when i zoomed in..

DSC_8853.jpg

Last edited:
wipe your lens.. the whole surface, not just the center. use a lenspen for better result.

Did you use a UV filter on your lens ?? :think:

Doesn't look like dust to me.... more like reflection from the corner of the lens or UV filter.

lens flare man.. when taking long exposure (esp bulb) taking light trails.. try to remove ur UV filter.. :)

this is called lens flare.

it cannot be avoided sometimes, but removing your uv filter and cleaning your lens will help.

Wow.... look like 6 star filter mounted. All light sources gave the very nice "star burst" effect...., beside the irritating lens flare thingy

Wow.... look like 6 star filter mounted. All light sources gave the very nice "star burst" effect...., beside the irritating lens flare thingy
Think its not star filter, many lens when stop down to F8 or above will have this star burst effect.
TS can confirm ?

this is not star filter la, star filter damn obiang one. even nonconcentrated will have a bit of nonsensical retro ugly star filter gunk.

I know not star filter lah..... if using that filter the light will be more scattered. Star filters can give very good effect if used properly. :p :)

hey guys.. i've not even heard of a star filter.. haha.. was at f15 if i recall.. to get the long shutter..

if i'm not wrong.. the number of "star tails" is just due to how many of those spherical element thingys are in ur lens..

thanks for the feedback.. will try again without UV filter this time..

I got those specks b4 as well, when using F22 and a dirty front element:bsmilie: