What are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne900

Sep 2, 2007
Hi All,

Can anyone help me? I think those black spot in the pictures are dust. But where are the dust??? :cry:

Sometimes i can see 6 of them and sometimes only 3. How can i solve this problem??

3378524507_6921cfc0dc_b.jpg

what was the aperture of the shot and do the spots appear at the same place?

to confirm if those are dust particles,
a. set to manual focus
b. set to the smallest aperture
c. shoot against a white surface

if you can still see the dots, it is time to clean the sensor.

It's dust. Clean your sensor.

DIY or send to NSC?

Learn how to DIY. Part of the responsibilities of owning a dslr

ok. den i shall google for information on it. Thanks!

Clean sensor can DIY! Wow, but abit scared later introduce more dust instead leh....

but send the body to NSC need to pay for the cleaning right? I do need to clear all the dust before my HK trip in April.

Dusts in digital photos are very common. For me i just enter the sensor cleaning mode in my camera and activate it, the reflex mirror will flip upwards and shutter curtains open, exposing the sensor. I'll just turn the camera downwards and use a blower to just blow directly onto the sensor by rapid squeezing and then immediately turn off the camera.

Usually this works but if it doesn't, time to send it to service centre for professional help.

anybody can recommend a good set of cleaning kits? thnks.

Use olympus DSLR and you never have to clean sensor. :)

Just get a blower. Should be about 8 SGD. Don't go for the sensor cleaning swabs unless you die die know what you're doing or your sensor is hopelessly dirty.

You should be following step 6 in that guide:

http://digitalliving.cnet.co.uk/specials/0,39030785,49292182-6,00.htm

Yes, imho, beginners should not perform any cleaning that touches the sensor :think:

If you foul up, you're gonna have to send your camera to the Service Centre for more than just cleaning.... :sweat:

er, that is dust.

as for how to clean it, long term to be honest, unless you happen to be the kind who stores his camera in the dry cabinet and never changes lens, best to do diy. where got people have so much time to keep going to the service centre and get charged money for it after warranty over?

there are two types of dust;

1) unwelded dust (no moisture) - this type can be removed by various methods, blower works, sensor brushes (cleaned well) work
2) welded dust (moisture) - harder to remove, needs wet cleaning with sensor cleaning fluid to remove

you should try using blower to remove first, if that doesn't work, and the dust spots do not even budge after a few blows and checks, then time to use wet cleaning. as to how, go google "photographic solutions". first time, if you have no confidence, get someone who has been cleaning his dslr sensor himself for a long time to demonstrate on his own camera for you. if you don't think you're up to it, then keep sending it in, but it is seriously quite silly in the long run imho.

Sometimes I seesome black tiny dots when viewing through the viewfinder, but even after i use blower on viewfinder, lens and sensor, the dots are still there! Do you guys know what these are? They're still there after I remove the lens. It doesn't affect the image though, but sometimes it gets on my nerves...:bsmilie: Perhaps they're found inside the viewfinder?? :dunno:

Sometimes I seesome black tiny dots when viewing through the viewfinder, but even after i use blower on viewfinder, lens and sensor, the dots are still there! Do you guys know what these are? They're still there after I remove the lens. It doesn't affect the image though, but sometimes it gets on my nerves...:bsmilie: Perhaps they're found inside the viewfinder?? :dunno:

Aiyah, if doesn't affect the images, why bother. Unless the problem is so serious you can't see what you are shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.