What are the problems with the E-3 (currently)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
Sorry but couldn't find the E-3 thread :(

am keen on egnaro's E-3 ;p but wondering what are the limitations now... is the banding issue still existent? any other issues?

Thanks!

I have no issues with my e3. Its a great camera.

HI TS,

I think your question is way to general.

Are you looking for a reason to dissuade yourself from buying an E3?

Or maybe you should ask what are the camera issues that are a deal breaker with you instead?

Maybe then the 4/3 users can advise you more accurately and help you make a more informed decision.

NokkieG

Get it before its gone. The limitations is only not knowing the camera inside out. Most issues have workarounds and ways to avoid if users are willing to learn.

I'll raise one. The AF points are too big, so it's not very bird-friendly if you're a pure AF user trying to shoot birds in trees. Solution? Use MF.

grap before its gone? He has already sold off a couple of days ago. Banding still exist if not properly expose. low light AF is abit slow n CAF dont work quite well. under low light use MF, CAF use SAF instead. Olympus major issue from pass till date is AF n high ISO noise ratio. In 2010 or 2011 when they release their pre plan road map models, perhaps there shd be an improvement. other than that, bare with it now.

BOOMZ!!

(Sorry cater, just couldn't resist...)

Oops! thats the problem when thoughts doesnt match with work. hehe.:sweat:

grap before its gone? He has already sold off a couple of days ago. Banding still exist if not properly expose. low light AF is abit slow n CAF dont work quite well. under low light use MF, CAF use SAF instead. Olympus major issue from pass till date is AF n high ISO noise ratio. In 2010 or 2011 when they release their pre plan road map models, perhaps there shd be an improvement. other than that, bare with it now.
thanks thanks, was looking for something like this... CS search still a bit hard to use for short names...
since I have an E-520, I've been wondering about E-3/0 vs E-620... my fave lens is the 70-300mm
AF is the primary problem, weight, then img quality I guess.
my E-520 was a bit backfocused, then came back a bit front-focused. Is it just me??? lol anyway to adjust AF myself? (it's ONE AF setting for all lenses?)

no problem with E3 actually!! it a great camera...

why i sell? just being vain I think...

But yes, it sold!

P.S. No matter what decision I made, hopefully Four Third group still welcome me... :D

Last edited:

purple banding still exists in the shadow details even when properly exposed.. I get that with ISO1600 and 1/6 or single digit shutter speeds.
other wise, great camera.

no problem with E3 actually!! it a great camera...

why i sell? just being vain I think...

But yes, it sold!

P.S. No matter what decision I made, hopefully Four Third group still welcome me... :D

Thanks for reminding me to ban you... :devil:

No lah, you are always welcome here... this is more of a photographers' group than just a secret society for Four Thirds users.

Last edited:
The battery level indicator i dun really know wat it shows... When i on it, is it half full, after a while of using, it's empty... duh... other than that, it's fine with me.

This and more as I have written here:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544475&highlight=flagship
other than that it is a fine camera. But at this moment, my advice is not to get the e-3.
The battery level indicator i dun really know wat it shows... When i on it, is it half full, after a while of using, it's empty... duh... other than that, it's fine with me.

There is only one reason to get the E3 now : It is dirt cheap. $1499 at Cathay Photo. And to me, it is still my main camera, regardless of what people say. Weatherproof and reliable.

What problems? I don't have any problems with it other than the mirror falling off and costing me $350 for repairs.. :bsmilie: But then again i got a brand new shutter and sensor and mirror... so there's no problems with it anymore.. ;p

What problems? I don't have any problems with it other than the mirror falling off and costing me $350 for repairs.. :bsmilie: But then again i got a brand new shutter and sensor and mirror... so there's no problems with it anymore.. ;p

Brand new shutter for 350?

Pretty cheap (it's all relative).

Status
Not open for further replies.