What are the perks of being a SAFRA member?

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
I just found out can save some $ by being a Safra member. I am sure there are other merchants who do provide some discounts. Please share so we can tighten our belts.

(1) Shaw cinema
(2) AIG travel insurance

Whatever kind of membership is making you to spend more as their so call "Discount", already profit enough for them. I hardly got any discount card cause I not willing to spend so much. When need, then buy. ;)

3) Eat at Food Republic food court at Westgate got 10% discount at some stalls.

Same as Passion card holders.

They jack up the price so that they can give you discount :bsmilie:

I been working in the same factory since I am 16 during school holidays. I am given coupon to buy from their canteen. Got once, I was not given, canteen staff still gives me good rate.

After that time, I back to work there and was given coupon. But I gives the staff after she told me the price. Next day, i wasn't given discount any more since I got coupon. So, membership is just an tactic to make you get more but actual facts, no discount mostly. Else how they can make a living and become rich? :think:

Just go to this page la.. Why list one by one. Sometimes they have temporary promotions.

http://www.safra.sg/Indulge/Overview.aspx#.UrrTOrSdj-o

I can think of 2 reasons why to list them:

1) Identify which are the more useful ones?

2) Some items listed on the site are expired, eg Caltex Petrol says valid till June 2013. So that site may not be updated.

Then after compiling the list. We can comment whether NS has been worth it :)

Shawn cinema is very worth it buy one get one free at weekend movies $11 for 2 paxs only :)

I can think of 2 reasons why to list them:

1) Identify which are the more useful ones?

2) Some items listed on the site are expired, eg Caltex Petrol says valid till June 2013. So that site may not be updated.

Then after compiling the list. We can comment whether NS has been worth it :)

They update it on a yearly basis IIRC.

They also have SAFRA discount for GV shows which is applicable even for bookings, though you have to go through the SAFRA portal.

Hrm, not sure if that promo has ended though, because I have not been using it for a while. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I thought you guys always get hefty discount on sport shoes?

My colleague got his top notch NB running shoes at great discount for marathon last year.

for purchase of Choice or Sheng Siong vouchers at 8% off.

They update it on a yearly basis IIRC.

They also have SAFRA discount for GV shows which is applicable even for bookings, though you have to go through the SAFRA portal.

Hrm, not sure if that promo has ended though, because I have not been using it for a while. :bsmilie:

I think GV no more. The last time I login, only got Shaw.

Shaw cannot book online if u using coupons for safra members. Correct?