What are the must have accessories for a newbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptm

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
hi all

i'm newbie and was wondering what are the necessary accessories that i must have to help me get started.

Hi,

If you are using a digicam, other than :
1. Extra batteries
2. Extra memory card
3. Bag
4. Tripod

you probably don't need anything else. The add-on lenses, etc can wait.

Spend some time learning about the camera and making the fullest use of it in taking photos before thinking about adding accessories. Easier on the wallet also.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by andretan
Hi, welcome to ClubSNAP :)

Maybe you wanna start by telling us what camera you own or something? :D

Canon G2.

Originally posted by ptm
Canon G2.
How bout something like this? If you're interested in doing macro with your G2...

g2_adapter.jpg

LINK --> here

You can also search the forums to see what the other G2 users have bought previously. :)

Originally posted by ckiang
Hi,

If you are using a digicam, other than :
1. Extra batteries
2. Extra memory card
3. Bag
4. Tripod

you probably don't need anything else. The add-on lenses, etc can wait.

Spend some time learning about the camera and making the fullest use of it in taking photos before thinking about adding accessories. Easier on the wallet also.

Regards
CK

thanks ckiang!

andretan

r u referring to the lens adapter? do u called it a lens adapter?

I would add a good NiMH battery charger to CK's list. No need to get anything too fancy or expensive, but it's pretty important with digital cameras because these are power-sucking devices. :)

Other than that, I find that the best way about photography to learn is to go out there and shoot lots of exposures, come back and critique your own work, and then ask the experts about your mistakes and problems. Reading up on the technical aspects and viewing the work of the 'great photographers' certainly won't hurt either. All the best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.