What ARe the "MUST" Buy items ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeter

May 1, 2004
Hope to hear from Pros about the MUST buy for new photographers, their prices, and where to get those items !
Also hope to learn more about external flashes ? Are they really required ?

dry box & blower

leeter said:
Hope to hear from Pros about the MUST buy for new photographers, their prices, and where to get those items !

Dry box/cabinet, blower, filters to protect your lens, tripod, camera bag to carry your camera and accessories.. :p
External flashes is required if you need stronger flash and also to use as bounce flash to bounce light off the ceiling onto your subject so that it will not be too harsh. :p

If your camera can support external flash light, It's good to have one.

film .............

leeter said:

camera body, lenses, filters, external flash (I'm getting one this week :)) err... cleaning kit, dry box, bag, film (I'm using SLR). Think that's enough.

dry box must buy those pro one ah?

can use big air tight box and put thirsty hippo inside?? :D (no money lah, so thought of these cheapo idea :embrass: )

i'm using thirsty hippo now... hehe

leeter said:

must have:
camera + lens (including lens cap), flash (if your camera doesn't already have one), camera bag, dry cabinet, lens cleaning kit, spare rechargeable batteries (for digital), fast battery charger (if u don't have any charger, for digital), large capacity memory card (for digital)

nice to have:
more lenses, tripod, lens filters, remote control / cable release, lens hood, flash bracket, flash bounce card, backup camera body, ball head, underwater camera housing (for divers, it will be a "must-have")

it's not "must". rather, it's the "need". think thru before you commit your money (unless u got loads of them, dont mind pass me some)

leeter said:

If there is one MUST buy item .... it has to be a camera :blah:

External flashes has more power and some comes with ability to swiel around. Thus if you do indoor photography, external flashes should be something you will want.

zaren said:
must have:
camera + lens (including lens cap), flash (if your camera doesn't already have one), camera bag, dry cabinet, lens cleaning kit, spare rechargeable batteries (for digital), fast battery charger (if u don't have any charger, for digital), large capacity memory card (for digital)

nice to have:
more lenses, tripod, lens filters, remote control / cable release, lens hood, flash bracket, flash bounce card, backup camera body, ball head, underwater camera housing (for divers, it will be a "must-have")

not a bad dissection, brother :thumbsup: however i will take "camera bag" out of "must haves" list coz ...i believe all cam bags are "steal me" bags ;)

clive said:
not a bad dissection, brother :thumbsup: however i will take "camera bag" out of "must haves" list coz ...i believe all cam bags are "steal me" bags ;)

Absolutely accurate observation.

base it on need....like if ya wanna do flash photography this month... do it...buy a flash...
when u are done...wanna do close up...do it...buy a macro lens....

learn one thing at a time...conquer it,,, but one item at a time...

but buy the drybox and blower/brush first..cheap one will do....to maintain ya equipment...books and mags are always available in the library..

blurblock said:
If there is one MUST buy item .... it has to be a camera :blah:

Actually if you're into pinhole photography you won't even need a camera so the answer has to be 'film' [Except for digitographers] (I think I just made that word up!) ;)

Oh i see, i ain't that rich, but already gotten a camera bag (quite big), a UV filter that i bought cheap from Tony007 (thnx dude), lens cleaning kit (which i kana conned), spare rechargeable batteries (SanYo 2100), fast battery charger, large capacity memory card (only a 128MB coz no extra money). I saw someone that has a really cheap external flash for sale, Archeiver 260. only around $20, but i was too slow, and it was sold.

Tripod (gotten a cheap one), remote control (no money to get yet.), Lens hood ? the one that protect the filter ? Or prevent glares ?

i keep my stuffs in big tight box with silicon gels :sweatsm:

Oh.. I think i might be going down to alan photo to have a look.... but still considering, coz might be paiseh, later never buy anything :sweat:

Anyway, anyone knows where to get cheap filters remote control or flashes ? first or second hand its okay.

Lastly, gotten thnx u guys taking the time to discuss this topic with me.

Hmm..
I feel that it is good to invest in a relatively good dry box with a RH meter..
You might find offers on Olympus 30L Digi-Cabi in Buy/Sell, going for around $80.
The recommended RH is 45%-55%..
It is not lesser the humidity the better.. :nono:
Too dry would damage the rubber parts of your camera..
Just my 2 cents worth...
Btw, me a newbie too... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.