* Mati, Davao Oriental - the capital city of Davao Oriental province in the Philippines
* Mat District, a region in Albania
* Mati, Greece - a small settlement in Greece
* Mat River, a river in Albania
* Mati Fernández (born 1986), a Chilean footballer
* Ma-Ti, one of the five Planeteers from Captain Planet
* Mati, Nepal
Malay word in singapore are rarely abbreviation. Indonesian use a lot of abbreviation.
One thing to note that the grammar for malay language (Bahasa Indonesia - or - Indonesian language inherited and modernise it) is that word has stem. You modify the stem to make them verb, adjective etc.
Mati is a stem word means dead.
Mata is also a stem word meaning eye.
Mata-mata is a pseudo repeat, which deviate from the normal rule of "repeats". Mata-mata means spy or informant.