what are the brightness and contrast settings on your 2407WFPHC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
Hi people,

I just got a dell 2407WFPHC and I am having difficulty calibrating the colors to similar to that of my IMAC G5 20"

I am using a spyderPRO2 calibrator.

I am curious what are the brightness and contrast settings you guys used on your monitor? I am currently at 45 brightness 43 contrast and I think it is still to bright and am thinking of lowering it somemore.

The colors on my Dell seems to be VERY saturated...

Example,
honshu005.jpg

Does the above image looks saturated on your monitor? On my IMAC it looks natural but on the dell it looks WAY over saturated... which one is correct ???

Maybe because the dell is wide gamut so the colors looks more vivid?

Are the gammas of the two monitors set to the same value? The default for Macs is 1.8 and Windows is 2.2, but to get both monitors to show same colour, its best to set to one value... 2.2, because that is usually the native value for LCD screens...

Lookd very good on my Philips.

Looks fine on my 19" CRT.
Looking at the 2407WFPHC. Other then the problem you are having, are you happy with it?

frankly, the picture above looks ok on my sony 19" at work too. But it looks too saturated on the Dell 24".

Anyone with a Dell 24" HC can comment?

The dell 24" is ok so far but I still find the colors like something wrong like that.... maybe I am too used to my IMAC 20" G5

I'm on a dell 24" too, but to me the colours aren't that heavily saturated.

Looks ok on my Dell too...

look more colourful on my Dell LCD, ok on my office monitor. Didn't find it very saturated.

the dell is driving me nuts... I am not sure if my spyder2 is spoilt or something. I find the sypder very fragile and sensitive. As time passes, I am not sure if something is growing on the sensor causing the accuracy to go hay wire.

I use an epson P3000 as reference color (cuz I find the colors the most natural and beautiful) and I try to get my screens as close to it as possible. But the Dell is always quite a fair bit different, especially the reds....

Hmm when calibrating did you go for measure or visual luminance targets and when did you do that manual RGB slider adjustments before the main calibration. I find that those 2 steps seem to be pretty important to getting consistient results...

Hmm when calibrating did you go for measure or visual luminance targets and when did you do that manual RGB slider adjustments before the main calibration. I find that those 2 steps seem to be pretty important to getting consistient results...

I tried both the measure and luminance targets. The measured targets I used is 0.3 for black and 125 for white.

I did not try the manual RGD slider adjustments. I thought the dell 2407 does not have individual RGB controls. Will try it out later.Thanks.

I found out what is wrong. I was in the PC color mode on my Mac mini. After I switched to MAC mode, everything seems ok now. The color is still pretty saturated but at least there isn't any color cast.

update: The final values I set for brightness is 35, contrast 38. If the brightness is below 35, it will tend to crush blacks. The contrast setting is set to get a white point of 125, while is the brightest I can tolerate under my bedrooms lights. The black point is 0.37. So contrast ratio is only around 336:1.

Status
Not open for further replies.