What are the B+W 35mm films that are readily available in S'pore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kodak t400cn ?

These should be readily available.

Kodak T400CN (400 C41) ~ $5.50
Kodak TMAX 3200 (TMZ)
Kodak TMAX 400 (TMY)
Kodak TMAX 100 (TMX)
Kodak Tri-X (400)
Kodak Plus X Pan (100/125 I think)

Ilford Pan F (50)
Ilford FP4+ (100/125)
Ilford HP5+ (400)
Delta 400
XP2 Super (400, C41)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Kodak TMAX 3200 (TMZ)
Kodak TMAX 400 (TMY)
Kodak TMAX 100 (TMX)
Kodak Tri-X (400)

Ilford Pan F (50)
Ilford FP4+ (100/125)
Ilford HP5+ (400)
Delta 400
XP2 Super (400, C41)

Regards
CK

All bulk?

Originally posted by AdamGoi

All bulk?

Not too sure. Buy single rolls lar. Saves all the hassle. Unless you intend to shoot LOTS and LOTS of B&W... all except T400CN and Xp2 Super are chromogenic, btw. Each roll should not cost > $5-6.

Regards
CK

Yes there is, Agfa Scala 200, but I have no idea where in SG you're gonna have them developed...

I wonder what will happen if you Cross Process the B&W films in E6.....
I believe you will screw up the chemicals and the lab operator will shout at you. Seen someone do this on photo.net some years ago and report his findings. OTOH there are some labs which develop B&W films in C41 chemicals. I've seen the results and they are not pretty. The negative is almost useless but there is some semblance of an image. I don't know what damage it does to the chemicals though.

You forgot the lovely Agfa films you can get here:
APX 100
APX 400

and the Fuji films
Acros 100 (fantastic one)
Neopan 400
Neopan 1600

and the Forte films
Fortepan 100
Fortepan 200
(these are extremely silver rich... just like the Forte B&W fibre based papers. They are superb in medium format).

Originally posted by sriram

I believe you will screw up the chemicals and the lab operator will shout at you. Seen someone do this on photo.net some years ago and report his findings. OTOH there are some labs which develop B&W films in C41 chemicals. I've seen the results and they are not pretty. The negative is almost useless but there is some semblance of an image. I don't know what damage it does to the chemicals though.

How about the chromogenic ones then?

Regards
CK

Kodak TMAX 3200 (TMZ)
Kodak TMAX 400 (TMY)
Kodak TMAX 100 (TMX)
Kodak Tri-X (400)

Ilford Pan F (50)
Ilford FP4+ (100/125)
Ilford HP5+ (400)
Delta 400
XP2 Super (400, C41)

Regards
CK

What's TMZ? TMY? TMX?? Teach teach, please. :D

I'd really like to try the TMAX 3200 one day. And maybe a few rolls of others to see for myself what's the B&W effect that many claim is unreproducible with photoshop. :)

Who does it in Singapore and is it expensive?
Thanks. :D

I thank these that might want to share their knowledge! :)

:gbounce:

In my search for infomation :

KODAK T-MAX P3200 Professional Film (TMZ)

This film will be discontinued and replaced by KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX P3200 Film / P3200TMZ on a stock-turnover basis in 2002. The new film requires different development times. For technical information, see KODAK Publication F-4016, KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX Films.

http://www.kodak.com/cgi-bin/webCatalog.pl?product=KODAK+T-MAX+P3200+Professional+Film+(TMZ)&cc=US&lc=en

Originally posted by Zoomer

What's TMZ? TMY? TMX?? Teach teach, please. :D

I'd really like to try the TMAX 3200 one day. And maybe a few rolls of others to see for myself what's the B&W effect that many claim is unreproducible with photoshop. :)

Who does it in Singapore and is it expensive?
Thanks. :D

TMAX 3200 can be processed in any reputable lab. It's just a traditional B&W film. People always recommend shooting it at 1600 and process "as is", i.e. 3200. I have not tried it myself.

TMX is just the code name for TMAX 100, TMY for 400, TMZ for 3200. Just like RVP=Velvia, RDPIII = Provia 100F, RHPIII = Provia 400F. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Gunjack
Is developing the film (TMAX) expensive? How do they charge?

Usually $5 or thereabouts. Note that it will take longer than the normal C-41 film. Unless you process at RGB (but I dunno how much they charge).

Regards
CK

Thanks for your prompt reply! Maybe I might try those films one day... forgot to ask just one more question though... The printing on black and white paper is quite expensive isn't it? How much?

Status
Not open for further replies.