what are essential items to have for outdoor model shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

novello76

Jul 11, 2004
I am planning a private outdoor shoot with 2 female friends soon..Appreciate if the experienced folks out there can give some guidance and tips on what are the essential items (excluding camera, lens, mem cards, batteries etc) to bring for such a shoot, and what are the things to look out for? Is a reflector neccessary? (coz the last i attended, the group actually did not bring any) If a reflector is needed, any recommendations which one to buy and from where?

Many thanks in advance for all comments and inputs..

a reflector is good if there is someone to hold it for you! otherwise... well.. it can be used as a fan for the models.

bring WATER... if not for urself, at least for the models. but hoenstly, u will prob need it more then them. i dunno about u, but when i shoot outdoor, heat from weather + concentration, makes me sweat buckets...

since the models are your friends, and assuming no MUA around, i suggest they bring a basic make up kit, which minimum need lipstick, powder, blotter, hairbrush.

enjoy ur shoot! :thumbsup:

yep. reflector is almost a must, unless u're into flashing and/or ur own portable studio lights. reflector normally give more natural looking lighting on ur models' faces, than flash. problem of course is dat u need someone to hold it for u, or if u happen to have an extra tripod to hang ur reflector on (not the best option tho).

to buy a reflector, u can get those 5-in-1 reflectors from the usual places like Eastgear, CP or ruby. or, u can PM perly. he's got a ready supply of reflectors. no particular brand to recommend, IMO, as all of them do the same function. :p

ditto abt the make-up and water. also bring tissues.... lots of tissues... do remember to bring straws for ur models? with lipstick on, drinking water from a bottle is a real hassle.

have fun!! ;)

In addition:
- mosquito spray
- mopiko
- foldable mini chair
- comfort shoes to walk around, change to posing shoes when shooting
- make sure you know where is the nearest toilet
- make sure there is shelter nearby if rain

tissue is essential... beside wiping off sweat, can also wipe off some oil spots on the models face after prolong exposure under e sun. :)

p.s i got this info from witness~ credit to him~ hehe

Hi Everyone,
thanks for the various tips. Its very useful. Will put them in a checklist when i plan for the shoot.

Are there any interesting locations which can provide various interesting 'backdrops', that anyone could suggest for a newbie model shoot? Seems like the common ones are Ubin (various spots), various beaches, Ann Siang, Fort Canning etc. The attire for the "models" will be sports and casual attire.

Thanks for the advices, everyone. I was about to post this thread later. :)
I'm sure ~Arcanic~ should know better. Lucky I got oil clear sheets. ;)

Hi there, anyone with suggestions for a newbie 'model' shoot? Thanks in advance.

How about:
Shenton Way on Sunday morning?
Robertson Quay near the old ulu warehouses?
Any demolishing HDB town? (eg Hillview?)
The end of Tuas Road?
Punggol MRT surrounding area?
Sembangwan Park? (near SIA training centre)

remember to bring the models! ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.