what accessories to buy for S5IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ang3lxx

Sep 23, 2008
Hi guys i need some help on S5IS Accessories. What accessories are there exactly for it?

what is recommended and the pricing?

thot of buying a polarizer but dunno if it will fit..

Buy the accessories that you need - which requires first that you identify your needs.
Read up more about the accessories, there is no "one polarizer don't know if it fits" - they come in diameters with screw mount.
If just itchy pocket don't know how to spend I'm very sure there are plenty of charity organizations here who will be very thankful. Don't burden yourself with money.

i graduated from a PnS and i current know nuts about screw mounting which is exactly why i created this thread to know from pros what's the diameter or best the name of the polarizer.
If i had not read up about it i won't even be asking.

Search function is used and S5 IS <-- cannot be searched due to 2 different wordings
S5IS <-- returned with very little information

PS: I find your reply very offending. maybe u are rich and make big bucks. For most people. They DO not like you go ard telling people off that their pockets are itchy. This IS called a NEWBIE corner for a particular reason. NEWBIES need help. If can't really help. Move on. NO one in this world has itchy pockets. No matter how rich you are YOU WILL FINISH YOUR MONEY ONE DAY.

Last edited:
Hi guys i need some help on S5IS Accessories. What accessories are there exactly for it?

what is recommended and the pricing?

thot of buying a polarizer but dunno if it will fit..

Your filter size should be 58mm

Your filter size should be 58mm

Thank you. So i do not need to buy an adaptor lens hood etc right? I was wondering if the sales guy was conning me to get it because he says without it nothing fits.

2009-09-11_235403.jpg

You'll need the Lens Adapter (Canon LAH-DC20) before you can attach the filter.

All you need to do is get the manual of your cam. There is a list of accessories, there are descriptions. You can also read online about the details of your cam. It's all there. Next you just need to Google about Photographic filters. Plenty of hits including descriptions.
T&C of CS tell you to search first before you ask. You haven't done much.

Thank you. So i do not need to buy an adaptor lens hood etc right? I was wondering if the sales guy was conning me to get it because he says without it nothing fits.

You will need the hood, because there's no spot on the lens itself to screw on the filter. It screws onto the hood.

This is in the manual too I believe.

i graduated from a PnS and i current know nuts about screw mounting which is exactly why i created this thread to know from pros what's the diameter or best the name of the polarizer.

Search function is used and S5 IS <-- cannot be searched due to 2 different wordings
S5IS <-- returned with very little information

PS: I find your reply very offending. maybe u are rich and make big bucks. For most people. They DO not like you go ard telling people off that their pockets are itchy. This IS called a NEWBIE corner for a particular reason. NEWBIES need help. If can't really help. Move on. NO one in this world has itchy pockets. No matter how rich you are YOU WILL FINISH YOUR MONEY ONE DAY.

U can't really read eh? google return results of amazon and alibaba telling me how much they are selling them at when i narrow it down to "S5IS Accessories".
Btw i read Dpreview on the cam and specs is all is see plus cam operation etc.

You will need the hood, because there's no spot on the lens itself to screw on the filter. It screws onto the hood.

This is in the manual too I believe.

Ah gosh. Do you think anywhere still sell that manual? Mine I lost the box on the taxi -.- But many thanks anyways.

Last edited:

you should go to the canon website to find out what sort of accessories canon has for the s5 is.

after all, they make it.

no need to throw tantrum here like a spoilt kid because people refused to spoonfeed you.

look in the price list section to see what the rough price is, if it isn't listed there, i'm sure people won't mind in the canon section if you start a thread to ask specifically and with show that you had actually "bothered to read up". "bothering to read up" and actually doing so, the difference is that the former ends up with you firing random questions here without any specific direction or idea what you actually want to ask, the latter is that you actually display some inkling of having done so. in short, what you have done here is ask "hi, i have s5 is what things can i buy for it?".. :sticktong

if i get any tart replies on how senior members should be nicer and whip out spoons to feed people nicely, i will petition the mods to make that status optional. :bsmilie:

you should go to the canon website to find out what sort of accessories canon has for the s5 is.

after all, they make it.

no need to throw tantrum here like a spoilt kid because people refused to spoonfeed you.

look in the price list section to see what the rough price is, if it isn't listed there, i'm sure people won't mind in the canon section if you start a thread to ask specifically and with show that you had actually "bothered to read up". "bothering to read up" and actually doing so, the difference is that the former ends up with you firing random questions here without any specific direction or idea what you actually want to ask, the latter is that you actually display some inkling of having done so. in short, what you have done here is ask "hi, i have s5 is what things can i buy for it?".. :sticktong

if i get any tart replies on how senior members should be nicer and whip out spoons to feed people nicely, i will petition the mods to make that status optional. :bsmilie:

i am failing to see why this place is even called newbie corner. simple question of what kind of accessories can become such a flame.

googling "s5 accessories"..

on first page:
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Powershot-S5-IS-Accessories/lm/R1N8K5YIEEKDTD
http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/S2is/index.htm

i copy and paste your thread title in google,

on first page:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=481429
http://forums.techguy.org/digital-photography-imaging/700494-accessories-canon-s5-superzoom.html

btw, your "google results of amazon returning price blah blah blah", some guy made a list that is pretty good lor. don't diss amazon. :)

i am failing to see why this place is even called newbie corner. simple question of what kind of accessories can become such a flame.

like that called flame?

ok, let me use my simplest example, can you tell me how to turn my camera on?

how to load batteries? :D:D:D

please don't flame me.

last post here; if you don't get my point, you never will.

Strange, I don't see any 'alibaba' in my results. But .. could be due to Firefox and Adblock. I'm always amazed about the advertisements and other stuffs on certain websites once I need to use another computer :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.