What about Sony rechargeables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutz

Jan 20, 2002
www.gigabizz.com
Hey, have anyone tried using Sony batts?

I'm using the Sony 1600 rechargeables, the bad thing about it is that it takes 12hours to recharge.

As for the usgae, it can last for about 3-4hr with continous power on, LCD off.

What batt are you guys using?

Can recommend me some batt which recharges faster and last longer?

Thank you.

Originally posted by mpenza
problem is not with the batery, it's with your charger.

So what's a good charger?

I have a GP batt charger, but the label at the back of it says that it can only be used with GP batts and use with other batt might cause EXPLOSION!! So i dare not try it.

they always put that to protect themselves. it's to protect themselves from being liable for damages caused by some low quality rechargeable batteries from some unknown manufacturers.

anyway, for GP chargers, there are fast ones and slow ones.

I also have sony 1600. took bout 4 hours to charge with the oly bu-200 charger (the free gift one).
Just bought only haven't really use much, so no comments on the duration.

Originally posted by nutz

So what's a good charger?

I have a GP batt charger, but the label at the back of it says that it can only be used with GP batts and use with other batt might cause EXPLOSION!! So i dare not try it.

Yeah, right....must use own brand batteries. :(

What a joke...more like an ass-saving stunt to protect their own interest.

Use rechargeables from reputable brands like Sanyo, Panasonic, GP, Casio, Olympus...blah blah blah, and you'll be ok.

Well, you can get a quick charger, preferably with micro processor controlled. I've a VARTA (Germany!) Multi Comfort quick charger which is microcontroller controlled. Got it at $40 (bargain a bit lah) at sim lim. It comes with a discharge function and charges 1600s at about 4.5 hours. Can charge AAA, C and D sized batteries as well as 9 volts block batteries.

Heard there's another one for $28 at Mustafa... Dunnoe about that one.

Below is an image of the VARTA charger I have (along with some others)

chargers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.