what AA battery to use for flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rui51

Apr 14, 2009
hi. i m using non-rechargeable Alkaline Energizer battery for my olympus FL36 flash.
i found that it was very slow recharge time for the flash.
some time i have to wait few second for another shoot.
someone say it can be improved if using rechargeable battery.
may i know what is the recommended AA rechargeable battery for Flash? and where can i get it in Spore?
thank you very much!

try imedions, sanyo eneloops, powerex, energizer rechargables.

try Funan :)

Im using sony batteries 2700mAh for FL36R , Stamina is good and fast.

I am using Sanyo Eneloops. :)

FL36 is slow to recharge when capacitor is fully discharge, this is normal. However, as the alkaline batteries get exhausted, it will be very very slow but with rechargeables, they simply stop without warning. I do not see any speed increase with rechargeables.

If you are not using flash all the time, energizer lithum e2 will last very very long and lightweight too. I once tried Panasonic Oxyride, it has the fastest recharge speed of all but discontinued.

use the energizer lithium batteries for my SB-600

Used a pair of these in my 580EXII during a wedding, and it got really hot and died after a while. On "postmortem" inspection, two of the four showed signs of melting. At that price, I might as well get rechargeables.

How about GP batteries? :think:

I once tried buying the expensive eNERgizer batteries for my flash but the recycling time is terrible! Can tell from the charging noise of the flash that is so slow.. Definetly wouldn't recommend for important events like weddings.

I used both the GP Alkaline and rechargable "Recyko" batteries. They are the best I've used so far. Very quick recycing time and very long battery life - I can use it to shoot around 900 photos in weddings and it is still usuable..

Never notice any decrease in recycling time for GP batteries.:)

I am using imedions and recyko. Both feature retaining of power. I guess any brand of batteries that have the same feature to be as good. Imedions seem cheaper. I guess I will stick Imedions. The 2100mAh is a drawback. It would be better if the rating is higher.

hi. i m using non-rechargeable Alkaline Energizer battery for my olympus FL36 flash.
may i know what is the recommended AA rechargeable battery for Flash? and where can i get it in Spore?
thank you very much!

encouraged not to use rechargeable but normal batteries. Try Enerzier Lithum or new Panasonic.

encouraged not to use rechargeable but normal batteries.

Any reason why? rechargeable is the most recommended

for rechargable batteries... some swear by Powerex , some swear by Sanyo , some swear by GP etc.

for me, i've used Powerex 2700mah and Sanyo 2700mah . I' still do own the powerex 2700mah , an Imedion, Eneloop and GP Recyko. all 3 are working well.

depends on person , most people would use sanyo eneloop and powerex 2700mah or powerex imedion. these are the more popular ones among photographers. using rechargeable does make differences to flash

On the same flash, rechargeable NiMH batteries tend to work better than alkalines. This is because NiMH is capable of supplying large current to recharge the flash capacitors. Can't remember the actual physics but believe it's due to resistance rising significantly higher in alkalines when they are hot, hence current is reduced.

thank you very much!

Hold it for a moment here.

ALL batteries have a recharge time. Be it fast or short. And a few seconds is the standard for most of the flashes. ONLY if you use an external battery pack can you shorten this refresh rate to 1 second or so. But this may harm your flash if you rapid fire too much in a short duration and overheat the flash unit.

Which battery to use? There are already TONNES of threads on this, just do a search and you'll find loads of reccomendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.