what a mismatch!

I know you don't usually do. But I'm just thinking that the smaller camera would not have mounts that are designed for heavy lenses, hence easy breakage at a slight mishandling?

Actually that speak true for all type of camera, be it small or big camera like the 5DmkIII/ D800/ A99 etc. Some of the lenses weight 2xkg, I don't know about you... I will not attempt to hold onto the camera body alone.

Wouldn't want this to happen,

onlinebroken.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

Last edited:
Talk about mismatched sized camera and lens,

the extreme are seen here,

canon5200.jpg

Actually that speak true for all type of camera, be it small or big camera like the 5DmkIII/ D800/ A99 etc. Some of the lenses weight 2xkg, I don't know about you... I will not attempt to hold onto the camera body alone.

Wouldn't want this to happen,

onlinebroken.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

OMG this is damn ouch. First time seeing it haha. Cool stuff.

I think it would require stupidity and a lack of common sense.

All the ingredients for a 'camera accident' here.
;)
Reminded me of the time when the engineer at Oly complained about this idiot who drowned his EM5 claiming he wanted to test it's water resistant abilities and then insisted on either free servicing or a refund.

The scope at the top right seems to be a better match. LOL

canon5200.jpg

nice curvy BODY. :bsmilie:............

where is the lens?!

10815648885_b5673a21c9_c.jpg

Would love to try my V1 on this baby...

nikon_2000mm_c_lens.jpg

Nikon 2000mm f11.

The scope at the top right seems to be a better match. LOL

canon5200.jpg

Actually the scope is not a good match too... not too long... but too thin ;)

The lens collar tells you where the gravity point is. What's the point of holding this by the body?

Hi Octarine.

This comment prompted me to question the way I hold my camera with the 70-200 f2.8. Since the lens comes with a collar and as you had mentioned, the collar tells you the gravity point, am I carrying my setup wrong if I carry it by the body? Will it damage the contact points?

Hi Octarine.

This comment prompted me to question the way I hold my camera with the 70-200 f2.8. Since the lens comes with a collar and as you had mentioned, the collar tells you the gravity point, am I carrying my setup wrong if I carry it by the body? Will it damage the contact points?

The 70-200 F2.8 isn't too bad... the canon body/mount should be able to take the weight. Heavier lenses like the 300mm F2.8 IS have strap lugs on the lens itself for you to mount carrying straps. for these lenses, the fact that the manufacturer designed the lenses to be carried with straps, shows you that it probably isn't a good idea to carry the lens around holding the camera body only.

Thanks ricleo,

I'm using the carry speed sling strap. Right now the base plate is fixed to the bottom if the camera. After reading this thread in wondering if I should instead affix the base plate of the strap to the lean collar instead.

So you hold the entire setup only by the body? Doesn't this feel uncomfortable? To me, it comes naturally to support the lens with the left hand for load distribution and stability. A relaxed right hand is the key for stable shooting.
I haven't seen any specs what the lens mount can hold but I wouldn't want t o see this happen: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1331915&p=8655613&viewfull=1#post8655613

So you hold the entire setup only by the body? Doesn't this feel uncomfortable? To me, it comes naturally to support the lens with the left hand for load distribution and stability. A relaxed right hand is the key for stable shooting. I haven't seen any specs what the lens mount can hold but I wouldn't want t o see this happen: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1331915&p=8655613&viewfull=1#post8655613

When I shoot, I use two hands. One on the body and the other in the lens. But when I'm not shooting, the camera hangs free secured only by the baseplate on the base of the body. The weight of the lens is supported by the camera contacts. Also when I lift it up from rest to shoot, it's done in a one handed motion holding only the body until I place it in ready position, which is when the other hand is used to support the weight by the lens.