what a mismatch!

come let me contribute one also...

9547053404_61bffa4056_c.jpg

Is it mismatched aesthetically? probably. Do I care what others think? No..

This would be just right. So pleasing to the eyes....

nikonDF_012.jpg

Last edited:
wa, even the hand-sling thickness is bigger than the camera body thickness. LOLLLL

9547053404_61bffa4056_c.jpg

Not everyone is a beautiful banana like you, TS, so there is no point having a beautiful camera to pair with a not-so-beautiful photographer. :bsmilie:

one stone kills 2 birds ma.

cameras nowadays are also fashion icons liao. Just like the iPod was once.

A big lens on a tiny body.

Does not look good. IMO

A mis-match.

DSCF5835.JPG

If you don't want to carry too much weight, this set up is perfect match :)

This photographer is very innovative, he use his shiny reflective bald head to bounce off the light to shine on his subject :bsmilie:

Last edited:
camera body and lens combi looks ok to me here (nikon 1's 2.7x crop used for it's advantage here, AF tracking may be fast enough for the dragonboat action)

However I noticed 2 other mis-matches:
1. the tripod looks too small for the lens
2. his muscles look too big for the set up (he should be using the set up suggested by rhino123 in post #18 :bsmilie: )

2. his muscles look too big for the set up (he should be using the set up suggested by rhino123 in post #18 :bsmilie: )

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: yes, yes, agree.

camera body and lens combi looks ok to me here (nikon 1's 2.7x crop used for it's advantage here, AF tracking may be fast enough for the dragonboat action)

However I noticed 2 other mis-matches:
1. the tripod looks too small for the lens
2. his muscles look too big for the set up (he should be using the set up suggested by rhino123 in post #18)

yes, yes, agree.

You mean this set up?

374917_10150421747973796_501626680_n.jpg

Hahahahaha.

Photo courtesy of Bill Bayless (Cape Coral, Florida).

6825512506_7646f28f53_z.jpg

Nikon V1 + Sig 300-800mm.

Focal Length [810mm (300) to 2160mm (800)] !! :bigeyes::bsmilie:

That is some seriously insane looking lenses up there. I wonder if you can actually break the lens mount just by holding the camera body to support the lens when you use such an odd setup.

That is some seriously insane looking lenses up there. I wonder if you can actually break the lens mount just by holding the camera body to support the lens when you use such an odd setup.

I think it'd take quite a bit of guts and a huge dose of adventure to try holding the setup using the camera body.

The lens collar tells you where the gravity point is. What's the point of holding this by the body?

I think it'd take quite a bit of guts and a huge dose of adventure to try holding the setup using the camera body.

I think it would require stupidity and a lack of common sense.

Mis-match???hehe
10815648885_b5673a21c9_c.jpg

u don't hold such set-up like normal lenses.

I know you don't usually do. But I'm just thinking that the smaller camera would not have mounts that are designed for heavy lenses, hence easy breakage at a slight mishandling?

Is this setup 'usable' or just a mock up? haha, looks really cute.

Actually it works very well... the Industar 50-2 is one of my sharpest 50mm lens. Like it alot... ;)