Circular Buttons

White Earphones

Icons with Rounded Edges

kei1309 said:
next, they're gonna try to patent the following:

Circular Buttons

White Earphones

Icons with Rounded Edges

They already sued Samsung for the icons with rounded edges.

and they probably patented an apple with one bite taken outta it.

so next time, take your first 2 bites of an apple quickly before they sue you for infringing on their logo

:bsmilie:

will I be able to tell my son an apple is an APPLE in 5 years time?

Nope, you will need to say "round red crunchy fruit", or pay a lifetime license to Apple for every use of that word.

So in future it wud be like the F-word, need to be careful while using the A-word..... :bsmilie:

:)
Imagine the grandmaster who created the word apple come back to life and sue apple for using the word apple.
that would be epic. :bsmilie: Yea.. not gonna happen anyway. Cheers.

I think the flawed patent system is to be blamed.

I should patent my face so anyone who looks like me can be sued....

Better still... is species patentable? So I can sue the whole humanity. :bsmilie:

...the ones who awarded the patent cannot differentiate between round, square, rectangle...

.. now they know!

I miss something.. thickness! patent from 0.1mm to 30mm!

Soon they will patent the world!! all belongs to me!!

Ya is really a JOKE to behold! At the end of the day, consumers are the ones who pay for the patent rights ....... all factored into the costs. Its a competitive world out there. More to come, just wait and see.............

The US patent office has always been a joke.

It's the odd rules. See, the US patent office has to approve the patent so long as it's filled in correctly. It's only a court that can invalidate the patent. But realistically, their patent will not hold water in court if it's used to stop "infringing" products. Unless it's a court in California.

I think the patent office has to go back to basic...

Just cannot imagine that they could approve such application...sigh!

Another joke?

China should sue Apple since mahjong has been around since ages ago. The tiles are rectangular with rounded corners.

images

The US patent office is not sensible.
Rounded corners prevent sharp edges. It is an universal safety design concept meant to benefit all humanity.
No company should be able to patent it and monopolise that design, which Apple did not invent anyway.

Last edited: