What 20D features excite you most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkw

Dec 10, 2003
CCK
Visit site
For me;

1) high precision cross type AF point. Apparently similer to 1DMk2 with 1/3 DOF accuracy for f2.8 lenses and faster

2) fast start-up

Couldn't care less about 8MP or 5fps

the incredible shutter lag and the high read/write rate off CF cards..apparently faster than D2H :)

ability to shoot and write simultaneously
USB 2.0 <-- :hearts: :vhappy:

SpitFir3 said:
the incredible shutter lag and the high read/write rate off CF cards..apparently faster than D2H :)

really? how fast huh?

i'd be keen if the high ISOs turn out clean, and the AF is not sometimes-hit-sometimes-miss like the 10D. Waiting for reviews.

It's the latest toy. Why else?

LimCB said:
It's the latest toy. Why else?

hahaha.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: totally agree...

Nothing much exciting for me... just got the 1DMKII... :bsmilie: But makes the Canon section of CS much much more lively! Especially today! :)

For me:
1) Faster AF (coming from a D60, it's significant jump - have missed a number of shots in my paid shoots due to the relatively slow AF)
2) Cleaner images at the higher ISOs (ideal for some low-light stuff which I shoot).

The rest are bonuses. :)

i think i should wait

Many things... but the following ones are what's really tempting me to upgrade!

1) 5fps, 23 frame JPEG buffer (i enjoy shooting sports)
2) Ability to reach 16mm with 10-22 EF-S lens (i love ultra-wide angle FOV)
3) 0.2s startup time as compared to 2s+ on my 10D (very useful)
4) USB 2.0 (USB 2.0 card readers have often failed me and downloading off camera is too dang slow!)

Black & White mode

Also new is an in-camera black and white mode with digital color filters which work in the same way as a color filter would on black and white film. Additionally you can also apply a 'tone' to the black and white image (sepia etc.)

This should be quite fun to have.

I thought the only plus factor is low ISO noise (and its black).
5FPS but 6 frame raw buffer seems kind of sucky. and at 5.6mb/s write speed, writing a single raw file to disk takes at least 1.5 seconds.

however, must see how it fares with simultaneous read/write. wait for full review..

1st thing that excites me, 5fps, 23 buffer wow!
2nd thing is startup time
3rd thing is cleaner iso

the rest is superfical to me.

the startup time is what really tempts me, i've missed opportunities waiting for the 300D to awaken. after that, the improved autofocus sensitivity in low-light. and since i'd be upgrading from the 300D, AI Servo/One Shot selection.

which means to say, i can't quite justify buying one yet. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.