west coast park Jetty

ross

Mar 3, 2002
sg
Visit site
eric_01.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
overall feel of image

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
moody ambience
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken?
overcast sky and almost no wave

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
the unique cloud formations

Last edited:
Pic's a bit small but I can still make out the nice tonal control of the shrubbery. The 2 slabs at the foreground could use a bit of toning down. You've done your processing quite well but obviously even you can see what's gone wrong here?

Highlights in the sky is blown and for an overcast sky it's hard to explain what you're going for there. Foreground treatment is great but the sky is unacceptable. It's hard to believe you spent all that work on the foreground then forgot what's important above.

yeah, you are right. I never thought of the balance between the sky and the relation of the light to the ground. Noted.

all have been said, but here's a last one: no border or a very thin border might give a better presentation :)

I think the overexposed patch of clouds screwed over the moody feel. The silvery rocks at the bottom are also quite distracting, I think you could burn those so they're not so distracting.

blown out skies. u need to find a way to exposure blend/gnd it

blown out skies. u need to find a way to exposure blend/gnd it

I think exposure blending would be more suitable, as the skies on the left are quite dark.