wenn ich tanzen will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaustVIII

Jan 25, 2006
community.livejournal.com
still quite a newbie here ^^
this is a portrait of my dolls, as characters from the musical 'Elisabeth'. the guy at the back plays Death, Elisabeth's lover; and the girl is the empress Elisabeth. i wanted to capture something like she's rejecting him, haha.

i was wondering, perhaps the photo would be better if the hands were in focus? :dunno: critiques welcomed! thanks very much :sweat:

wennich.jpg

The doll projects a very cool feeling.

Regarding the issue of rejecting, I personally cant feel the rejection emotion. Perhaps due to the physics of the doll.

The pic. is nicely taken. Especially with the selective bluring of the hands and focus on the eyes. :thumbsup:

P.S. are those dolls expensive? Great workmanship on the doll!

If i am not wrong they are called BJDs (Ball Joined Dolls) ... and yes they are expensive.

haha, i had to hold up their arms while taking the picture in order for them to achieve this pose XD thank you for the critique and compliment, i'll work harder to try and get them to portray the desired emotion!

and yup, they're called ball-jointed dolls. and erm, are quite pricey la... but nice to photograph :bsmilie:

Hi, my sis-in-law is fan of BJD too....she carrys her doll everywhere she goes....their eyes are very nice, but none is shown in this pic...so I prefers the pic with eyeballs....:thumbsup:

Are you in SG? Ya title is not in english....

lastboltnut: wah really... haha... i'll take your comment into consideration and try and focus more on their eyes next time :) and yeah, i'm in SG! am a singaporean girl through and through~

Gunbucker: thanks! ah actually the title is the original name of a song from the musical... it means "if i want to dance" i think? unless the title is "wenn wir tanzen will" and i'm being ignorant about it D:

Are you keen to help my SIL (Sis-In-Law) to shoot her Kaito (her BJD's name)? Kaito is styled by evenstar...:)

lastboltnut: wah really... haha... i'll take your comment into consideration and try and focus more on their eyes next time :) and yeah, i'm in SG! am a singaporean girl through and through~

Gunbucker: thanks! ah actually the title is the original name of a song from the musical... it means "if i want to dance" i think? unless the title is "wenn wir tanzen will" and i'm being ignorant about it D:

I must say this pic color is nice and focus is rite...but personally I prefer to see the eyes of the male...or perhaps you could add a few drops of water to simulate tears of rejection??? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.