Welcome back to a new-look ClubSNAP for 2011

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Firstly, apologies to our loyal members for the prolonged delay in upgrading the site - we ran into issues with the implementation of an upgraded search engine and had to revert back to the default search engine.

Having said that, we want to welcome all members to take a look around the new design and layout as well as check out some of the new features. Over the next few weeks and months, we will be customising and tweaking the layout further, as well as roll out new features that we need to test before releasing to the general public. For this initial upgrade, we have focused on ensuring that the key functions and features have been migrated over from the old system (eg the Buy/Sell forms and other internal tweaks for performance).

Note - there are limitations of the internal search engine (which is why we wanted to implement a 3rd party solution) with regards to results and accuracy, thus please bear with us until we can completely switch the search engines.

Also, during this initial phase, we will be monitoring the site very closely for performance and there may be times when we need to close the site off for tuning, thus we ask for your patience at this time.

As always, your feedback and suggestions for improvement are welcome, please post them in the FAQ/Feedback section.

Well, it certainly has a refreshing new look. :cool:

Finally its up! I was beginning to wonder what i will do without it!!! ClubSnap All the way!

Please also bear with us while we gradually move all the articles over.

The fox is gone, isn't it? I won't miss it.

I think the color scheme in the personal profile can be improved, its very hard to see white against light grey, or can we change the colors?

Welcome Back !!

Great job guys~ Changing.... Is not an easy job...
Will take awhile before getting use to it. =)

Great look!. But i kinda miss the "jump to forum" button at the bottom right. Now i have to click "Back" to the main forum to select another forum when last time i just scroll down and quick jump to another forum.

Color scheme between stickie and non sticky abit hard to see leh.

Overall Good job guys!

i like the new look... good job guys! :thumbsup:

I agree that the color scheme need to be improved or at least allow us to customise...

Its hard to distinguish which thread is read or unread...
It seems like all threads are the same at a 1st glance... Then had to look carefully before i know which is read or unread.... Its quite tiring this way....

I feel maybe

1) can have a icon to those threads we post before... So we can find our threads, those we post or those we reply before threads easier...

2) have a few obvious different colors for the thread icons, so that its easier for us to know which thread is already
read
unread
there is new post...

3) The legend icon at the bottom of the page is too small and similiar.... Which i wish to know whats the difference, but i cant find the legend helpful too.. ( This point is the same as 2nd point, icons and colors too similiar..)
It looks like A and B is the same... C and D is the same..
A) Contains unread posts
B) Contains no unread posts
C) Hot thread with unread posts
D) Hot thread with no unread posts

I think that will be a nice way to scan through the forums...

nice look. Great job.

cool...great job guys!

Good job! Finally see CS upgrade to VB 4.1.x version.

Will you be implementing facebook integration as well since it is supported by this VB version? Will boost more traffic!

+ better look and feel
+ better menus
- no customize theme
- blue colour thread title is difficult to read

Great job, ClubSNAP!