Weird Thief

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejay

Deregistered
Sep 18, 2006
My school bag was stolen on Sunday night. I have been using the bag for more than 6 years. On Saturday night I washed it and hung it out at the corridor to dry. On Sunday afternoon, my friend rushed to tell me that he was watching television when he saw a very swift lad swiping off my bag from the bamboo pole and ran off. It was all within a few seconds, so my friend had not given chase. I laughed and thanked him, saying that it is not really worth the effort because it is only a $15 bag and it even has a 10-cm slit on the middle pocket (I had actually decided to sew it on Sunday).

You know what? When I went back yesterday, my friend said he saw my bag back on the bamboo pole again. It's pretty weird though. Why would a thief want to come back to the scene of crime again and taking the risk of being identified? I had expected him to throw away the rotten bag in some trash bin after he had found that the bag is so 'kiam chye' (in a bad state). We had a good laugh and reckoned that the thief either might have higher taste or he must be kind enough to think that I am too poor to buy a new bag. Heheh :bsmilie: Anyway, thanks a lot to him - I can save some money to shoot models~
Cheers!
^^

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
My school bag was stolen on Sunday night. I have been using the bag for more than 6 years. On Saturday night I washed it and hung it out at the corridor to dry. On Sunday afternoon, my friend rushed to tell me that he was watching television when he saw a very swift lad swiping off my bag from the bamboo pole and ran off. It was all within a few seconds, so my friend had not given chase. I laughed and thanked him, saying that it is not really worth the effort because it is only a $15 bag and it even has a 10-cm slit on the middle pocket (I had actually decided to sew it on Sunday).

You know what? When I went back yesterday, my friend said he saw my bag back on the bamboo pole again. It's pretty weird though. Why would a thief want to come back to the scene of crime again and taking the risk of being identified? I had expected him to throw away the rotten bag in some trash bin after he had found that the bag is so 'kiam chye' (in a bad state). We had a good laugh and reckoned that the thief either might have higher taste or he must be kind enough to think that I am too poor to buy a new bag. Heheh :bsmilie: Anyway, thanks a lot to him - I can save some money to shoot models~
Cheers!
^^
err, NPNT... :devil:

advrider

Sep 3, 2007
LA 2019
being a thief is bad, but at least he returned it to you. :bsmilie: good for him.

LENS

Apr 8, 2005
where u hang your bag? out of window? on walkway? your friend is your neighbour?ha, i am more curious of this before thinking of what happened.. your friend made fun of u?

anyway, good for someone who return and repent!

I read some stories like a wallet is stolen from a parking bike, and the thief left a note saying he 'borrow' the money.. and the wallet was return with money inside after few years.. on the same bike..

sbs99

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
maybe that guy is practising for more expensive targets? maybe u hang it there everyday, he would come by daily for his practice runs. :bsmilie:

leejay

Deregistered
Sep 18, 2006
:bsmilie: Thanks for the inputs, guys. We're living in a hall.

mohgui

Jan 31, 2005
La La Land
I read some stories like a wallet is stolen from a parking bike, and the thief left a note saying he 'borrow' the money.. and the wallet was return with money inside after few years.. on the same bike..
this is nice... a thief with a conscience. hardly can find such thief today except the "kiam chye" bag person.

namespace

Feb 1, 2007
I think he either believe in Karma or just want to smell it :sweatsm:.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
maybe the thief is hoping that
you will be dazzled by his generosity
and will hang up 50 dollar bills on the bamboo pole in gratitude =)

rOnGrEn

Jan 8, 2005
Hougang
this is nice... a thief with a conscience. hardly can find such thief today except the "kiam chye" bag person.
haha.. thief with conscience:bsmilie:.. i remember seeing on tv news a few days back.. some thief who stole some foreigners' luggage n stuffs from their flat.. returned their passport n important documents by stuffing them under the door..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom