Weird symbol on the control panel

whyekuen

Jan 9, 2010
Hi guy,

Encounter a weird symbol on the control panel during my holiday.
It something like this -F- shown on the control panel and it like hang for 5 min, try to press the shutter-release button or turn the mode dial the symbol is still there. I even try turning off & on the power switch but it wouldn't help. Only when i off it for abt 10 min then it was back to normal. Really :confused::confused:

Thanks.

Hi guy,

It something like this -F- shown on the control panel and it like hang for 5 min, try to press the shutter-release button or turn the mode dial the symbol is still there. I even try turning off & on the power switch but it wouldn't help. Only when i off it for abt 10 min then it was back to normal. Really :confused::confused:

Thanks.

model, brand, film SLR or DSLR? so that the right people can help you

Hi guy,

Thanks.

Sounds like a Nikon problem, might be something to do with the contacts of your lens or the aperture ring. Next time just detached the lens and click it back again. If that doesn't work then check if your lens' aperture ring is set to the maximum

Thanks alot. Anyway i using Nikon D90

Hi guy,

Thanks.

Thanks alot. Anyway i using Nikon D90

This is the small ball that is responsible for "ground" contact with the camera frame on a lens with plastic mount:

This is the most common reason for F--

So just keep your balls clean ;), and no surprises anymore...

taken from Flickr: Discussing F-- Issue with D90 in Nikon D90

Hope this help.

Thanks alot bro.