Weird spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

poisonbox

Sep 28, 2009
North/North East
Guys.

just got my d90 and a $20 dollar tokina fliter..

i was snapping random picture at night without tripod and stuff..

then i got this picture with a weird spot...

what is that and can i get rid of it by changing a filter??

dsc0277m.jpg

Looks like what I've got with my UV filter on as well. I just leave it, if anyone asks, just claim its artistic :sweatsm:

Looks like what I've got with my UV filter on as well. I just leave it, if anyone asks, just claim its artistic :sweatsm:

somehow it ruin a few of my shots.. my subject got that on her face.

how artistic is that :bheart:

pardon me but cheapo filters are like dat... u should invest on a multi coated UV filter to lessen flaring or ghosting. :)

glaring is due to the internal reflection of light bet the lens and the filter which got reflected to the sensor. Solution, throw away the filter or get multicoated (=$$$$) filter.

PS: I used mine for 'special' effect ;)

OK. Looks good, the dots are symmetric on both side.

Unlikely to get away even with expensive filter. Use hood instead.

alright. what will you guys recommend? a budget multi coat??

You have already a budget filter, isn't the result obvious? Putting on another budget won't help much unless you want to get more flare for more artistic effects. Either 'go naked' (which is the way the lens was designed anyway) or read up filter reviews and increase your budget.

i was taking night photography last week and found similar problem as ur... luckily i got friend who told me to take out the filter in order to remove the spot... just remember to remove e UV filter when taking night shot, i dont think u need uv filter at night... yes...??

i was taking night photography last week and found similar problem as ur... luckily i got friend who told me to take out the filter in order to remove the spot... just remember to remove e UV filter when taking night shot, i dont think u need uv filter at night... yes...??

I all the time have a UV filter permanently on on every nite shoot i do and flaring is very seldom.

yeah filter important to protect lens from dust/knocks etc... the more times you clean your front glass the more chance of damaging it accidentally. use a hood, get a proper filter or be very careful when you not using UV and replace it right after? haha become screw-on lens cap -.-

hmmm.. i am quite new to dslr world.. tk foto recommended me a $47 multicoat filter.. will this price range's filter help? :/

noob here..

hmmm.. i am quite new to dslr world.. tk foto recommended me a $47 multicoat filter.. will this price range's filter help? :/

If they quote you the same filter for 80 bucks, would it sound more convincing?
If in doubt leave it out. At least get the exact type of the filter (not only brand, but specific type), check here for opinions, feedback and also price verification. Mass Sales section and Filter Price Guide (see Marketplace) give good indications.

Status
Not open for further replies.