weird spots on pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenshin79

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
using A40.
sometimes when i take pics, i will see those "bubble" like things circled in the pics below.
they dun always appear, and they usually appear when the pic is blur.
even when the pic is sharp, they may just appear.
they appear at random, no fix spot or size.

anyone knows wat's wrong and how to solve?

pic is enlarge & brighten to show the spots
test1.jpg

actual pic is 1600x1200. the weird spots are in the red circles, near the top left
test2.jpg

u flashed??? or is your lens surface dirty?

regardless of use flash or not, the spots will just come up.

i thought lens dirty, and cleaned it..

but the spots will just come out randomly as i said....
i can be taking 2 pictures consecutively and 1 i see the spots, another don't

I once have the same thing on my d-cam. Later I notice it was because I had some oil on the lens (finger print). The spots are moisture droplet formed between the oil and lens. Well that is the case for me anyway.

Hope it helps.

severe lens flare??? if you guys notice, the white spots are the size of the bright light sources.

Hi There,

I'm a S10 user and i would like to shae with you guys on the "mysterious spots" that you see.

The spots are actually dust or pollen particles in the air at the location that yo take the photos. This have been a discussion long time ago in www.philashkey.com (now known as www.dpreview.com).

Well, one particular behaviour of the compact digital camera, that the flash is located at about the same plane as the flash and this will light up minute dust particle and thus forming those glowing unfocused dust in - dust which are immediate to your camera.

This may also happen in a aircon room which may have dusty air-con. in some cases, it may also occur in waterfall area where there is mist.

I was in Tianjin (China) on one of the evenings and was in one of the streets in the evening a was taking some photos and realise the dots. Took the camera away from my face nd took a shot in the general direction to the front while looking over the camera, and was surprise to see dust particles in the air illumiated by the flash.

So dont worry, its not ghost nor is there any problem with your camera.

Happy photographing.

Regards,
Sulha

Status
Not open for further replies.