Weird reason being chased away

Status
Not open for further replies.
sehsuan said:
FLASH mob, saiful? :bsmilie:

that would be really funny! :bsmilie:

Hey, that's an idea... No cameras, just flashes... Means that we are not doing any photography right?

saifulbahar said:
Hey, that's an idea... No cameras, just flashes... Means that we are not doing any photography right?

i can imagine a whole lot of nikon optical slave flashes MASS triggered off! :D

would be damned bright... bring along the sunglasses! :bsmilie:

LazerLordz said:
Ironic that the PnS might pose a bigger security threat due to its concealable nature.

Seems like they do not realise that those of us who do it openly and bluntly are less of a threat than those who might wanna lurk in the shadows.Perhaps we should organise a talk for the security agencies to dispel misconceptions.

After all, we are also able to be a monitoring force out there when we are on photoshoots haha. :bsmilie:

who needs P&S nowadays, with H/P camera renging from 2-3mpixel, its even more "concealable", or rather, dont even need to, cause nobody will know if you talking over the phone or shooting!!

stopping those who shoots openly shows their boss they are doing their job mah!!

thought of buying a D-P&S, guess now dont need, just buy H/P camera, resolution like A100, 2mpixel liao.

Wai said:

9 of us + drive a big car go in also no problem mah ;p

Wow! The neighbourhood in one shot and one car!!! :eek:

Well, for me, the HDB officials told the contractor who told the safety officer to tell me to keep my distance during the bridge launching (i.e. don't come any closer unless you want to do a 90 tonne bench press :bsmilie: )

Did you approach any officials on the spot before the shooting? Or did you just start unpacking your DSLR and tripod and start shooting?

this is such a cool idea :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
saifulbahar said:
Just a thought, what happened if all photographers unite and go to suntec or city link and at the same time shoot all over the place with flash and all. I mean a lot of photographers stretching throughout the hallway. As soon as one stop, the other one shoots... Would be funny to see all these people running around telling us not to shoot and when asked, just tell them that unless he stop all other people from shooting, then you will stop too. But since they won't be able to stop everyone at the same time, will be a big headache. If only one or two get stopped and the rest don't, then just say, discrimination for picking only you to stop shooting...

Just a thought... not trying to make this an event... he he he...

saifulbahar said:
Just a thought, what happened if all photographers unite and go to suntec or city link and at the same time shoot all over the place with flash and all. I mean a lot of photographers stretching throughout the hallway. As soon as one stop, the other one shoots... Would be funny to see all these people running around telling us not to shoot and when asked, just tell them that unless he stop all other people from shooting, then you will stop too. But since they won't be able to stop everyone at the same time, will be a big headache. If only one or two get stopped and the rest don't, then just say, discrimination for picking only you to stop shooting...

My idea...

Get all the photographers here, bring along their flash. At a single signal or pre-determined time (where everyone had pre-synced their watches earlier), take out their flashes raise it up, switch to Manual-Low power and hit the test button 20 times. As soon as we're done, all disperse immediately and act normal. :D

Dun quote me. Juz an idea.

saifulbahar said:

Wicked..a flash mob.pun literally intended..I'm feeling itchy... :bsmilie: :devil:

actually, if you are going to do it already, you might as well use cameras properly. using the flash alone doens't render you immune from them asking you to leave. in fact, with just the flash, you look much more guilty at being mischievous. with the camera (in a large group), you have a plausible reason for doing what you are doing.

vince123123 said:
actually, if you are going to do it already, you might as well use cameras properly. using the flash alone doens't render you immune from them asking you to leave. in fact, with just the flash, you look much more guilty at being mischievous. with the camera (in a large group), you have a plausible reason for doing what you are doing.
This might create another law that more than 5 persons holding a camera and shooting in public consider a planned, organised "illegal group gathering". :eek:

;p

I thought that the proposal was not to look like a group but a mass of photographers?

ST_sg said:
This might create another law that more than 5 persons holding a camera and shooting in public consider a planned, organised "illegal group gathering". :eek:

;p

aiyah. just go as a group (20 plus), make sure all your flashes are slave mode with a few masters and everyone take picture of the security guard as they approach, the final shots can be post processed into some arty farty exhibition.. hehe

My idea...

Get all the photographers here, bring along their flash. At a single signal or pre-determined time (where everyone had pre-synced their watches earlier), take out their flashes raise it up, switch to Manual-Low power and hit the test button 20 times. As soon as we're done, all disperse immediately and act normal.

Dun quote me. Juz an idea.

hahaha! this is just so funny!!

or well... why not each of us bring a group of friends there and we time delay our entrance frm both sides of city link then get our groups to pose here n there n snap snap snap :p sure crazy

Wai said:
68shlt.jpg

9 of us + drive a big car go in also no problem mah ;p

I remember this one. Did not even need to get permission to do this :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

saifulbahar said:

Last time in the trainstation many people being harrassed by people selling PROSH newspapers, so they said over the PA "Please do not harrass the passengers"; Upon hearing that, they started shouting some more.

vince123123 said:
this is such a cool idea :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't think this is a cool idea. In the end, all ended up in the jail for misconduct at public and your pocket going to get a BIG hole. Just don't play play with the law. ;)

Don't think we are breaking any laws (not that we intend to actually go through with it)... Its just a rule, policy... not a law. If its the law, than there shouldn't be any pictures of the Suntec at all.

Since the security said that the public do not like their pictures taken, then take pictures of the security, they are not public right?

If we all have to follow rules, they should too, start by removing the CCTV, cause they are also recording the public.

When the security says "its private property with public access", are we allowed to tell people that "can't go to suntec cause its not for pubic". Its not lying.

Actually, they do need to put a sign "no photography". Lots of shopping centres like Causeway Point and so on do put signs at the entrance.

Anyways guys, its just a fun thought. No intention to make the event a reality.

LazerLordz said:
Wicked..a flash mob.pun literally intended..I'm feeling itchy... :bsmilie: :devil:
yah man.. literally a flash mob.. Metz32 and SB800 ready anytime. Just say when. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.