Weird reason being chased away

Status
Not open for further replies.
sehsuan said:
mass order of hawaiian shirts, anyone? complete with ladies' straw skirts :bsmilie:

how about those scottish skirts (cant remember the correct term) that the man wears?

this way, you get 2 foriegn id.

almost everyweek security from dhobygaut will stop me at he station and look on my bag...same guard every now and then.i believe they are picking on me :dunno: must be because i sport a long goatie..kekeke <tot its suppose to be a fashion mah>then one fine day cant take it...so i snap and ask them.,why always pick on me? is it my look ?then they realized and remember me hahaha...now passby them as if im a ghost :devil:

glensky said:
almost everyweek security from dhobygaut will stop me at he station and look on my bag...same guard every now and then.i believe they are picking on me :dunno: must be because i sport a long goatie..kekeke <tot its suppose to be a fashion mah>then one fine day cant take it...so i snap and ask them.,why always pick on me? is it my look ?then they realized and remember me hahaha...now passby them as if im a ghost :devil:
Yes, the magic word is "COMMUNICATION".
This will make you success in almost anything guys.

denniskee said:
how about those scottish skirts (cant remember the correct term) that the man wears?

this way, you get 2 foriegn id.

eh, i thought hawaiian ladies use straw skirts? :dunno:

but hey, kilt ah, i dont think i would try it. too garang - remember bravehart? (i didn't watch it, just trying to divert attention) :bsmilie:

lol can disguise like free.. can take some :confused: photos of the guards..

+evenstar said:
Was told this by Esplanade Security officer:
"As long as you're doing personal shots, we don't mind. However, if you're shooting and publicising the shots later, you'll need approval from our management."

So, you have the right to shoot for personal use. (just don't take pics of pillars or walls or you might be deemed as a terrorist)
Nah. Blowing up walls or pillars wun send the durian down.

U might as well say take pictures of all major supporting structures within the durian right? ;)

sehsuan said:
but hey, kilt ah, i dont think i would try it. too garang - remember bravehart? (i didn't watch it, just trying to divert attention) :bsmilie:
by right... you're suppose to go "commando" style!!! :eek:

see who "brave-enough"!! :bsmilie:

But I bet if you are using compact point and shoot, they will not interfere you. It is normally when you use SLR or professional kind of camera then they will come after you.

Anyway for case like this, just obey and go, no point reasoning. They are just doing their job.

Astin said:
Sometimes the security can be very helpful lah...
End of last year I brought some Thai photographers and models to Merlion Park and shoot the models in front of the Merlion etc. As normal, within 5-10 minutes the security arrived and said no commerical photography allowed. Then we asked him how then? He told us we needed approval from management to shoot. Then we asked him how to get the approval? He said we needed to fill in a form. So I filled in the form, and the security actually made the call to locate the management supervisor and run all the way there to get the form approved. :thumbsup:
And this is the shot to prove that...
DSC_4818ps1.jpg

that's becos your bike only 150cc, not big enough lah. :sticktong Must use at 400s at least in future :bsmilie:

i can confirmed it's the SLR. i was taking a grp photo for my friends in citylink last dec. less that 2 minutes later, a security guard walked up to me and told me no photography allowed. so i said okay and kept my SLR. then minutes later, i saw another group of people posing for a pns camera. the security did not confront the pns user. :confused:
:think: guess a pns camera might seem less threatening?

jkl said:
i can confirmed it's the SLR. i was taking a grp photo for my friends in citylink last dec. less that 2 minutes later, a security guard walked up to me and told me no photography allowed. so i said okay and kept my SLR. then minutes later, i saw another group of people posing for a pns camera. the security did not confront the pns user. :confused:
:think: guess a pns camera might seem less threatening?

Ironic that the PnS might pose a bigger security threat due to its concealable nature.

Seems like they do not realise that those of us who do it openly and bluntly are less of a threat than those who might wanna lurk in the shadows.Perhaps we should organise a talk for the security agencies to dispel misconceptions.

After all, we are also able to be a monitoring force out there when we are on photoshoots haha. :bsmilie:

LazerLordz said:
Ironic that the PnS might pose a bigger security threat due to its concealable nature.

Seems like they do not realise that those of us who do it openly and bluntly are less of a threat than those who might wanna lurk in the shadows.Perhaps we should organise a talk for the security agencies to dispel misconceptions.

After all, we are also able to be a monitoring force out there when we are on photoshoots haha. :bsmilie:

let it be loh...

there's no right and wrong answer for such things lah

Just a thought, what happened if all photographers unite and go to suntec or city link and at the same time shoot all over the place with flash and all. I mean a lot of photographers stretching throughout the hallway. As soon as one stop, the other one shoots... Would be funny to see all these people running around telling us not to shoot and when asked, just tell them that unless he stop all other people from shooting, then you will stop too. But since they won't be able to stop everyone at the same time, will be a big headache. If only one or two get stopped and the rest don't, then just say, discrimination for picking only you to stop shooting...

Just a thought... not trying to make this an event... he he he...

saifulbahar said:
Just a thought, what happened if all photographers unite and go to suntec or city link and at the same time shoot all over the place with flash and all. I mean a lot of photographers stretching throught the hallway. As soon as one stop, the other one shoots... Would be funny to see all these people running around telling us not to shoot and when asked, just tell them that unless he stop all other people from shooting, then you will stop too. But since they won't be able to stop everyone at the same time, will be a big headache. If only one or two get stopped and the rest don't, then just say, discrimination for picking only you to stop shooting...

Just a thought... not trying to make this an event... he he he...

wah seh ... flash mob ... damn evil leh :devil: :devil: later they call police den how? :sweat: :sweat: ...

Status
Not open for further replies.