Weird object when looking through VF

lixiang9779

Mar 14, 2011
Hi, im new to DSLRs,
I got a d7000, i realised that when i look through the VF, i see a small c through the VF.
its located at the bottom of de VF, size is about smaller than one focusing point.
What can it be ?
The small c does not show on pictures though.
Im very worried.:(

Hi, im new to DSLRs,
I got a d7000, i realised that when i look through the VF, i see a small c through the VF.
its located at the bottom of de VF, size is about smaller than one focusing point.
What can it be ?
The small c does not show on pictures though.
Im very worried.:(

your camera is defective... sell if off quick quick to some unsuspecting stranger! :D
or can also sell me cheap-cheap if you prefer.... hehehe.

Seriously, it could just be some dirt stuck on the focusing screen.
Remove the lens. Look inside the camera, at the top. There should be a transparent screen there. Use blower to blow at it. Hopefully can dislodge whatever dirt there is.

Oh really ? dust on focusing screen ? so there are dust that is in c shapes. :bigeyes:
ok i will go and try it out :)
hope its not defective ... :bsmilie:

lixiang9779 said:
Oh really ? dust on focusing screen ? so there are dust that is in c shapes. :bigeyes:
ok i will go and try it out :)
hope its not defective ... :bsmilie:

More like a small hair?

New type of watermarking of pictures? :) The "c" will only become visible upon performing a strange ritual I guess...

sounds like hair or fibre.
dust or tiny particles will get into your VF eventually as you use it.
if it is bothering you, send it down to NSC and have them check it out, in indeed is hair or fibre and it is really bothering you.
You can ask them to clean it for you for a fee, (yes it's not covered under warranty)
But do note, dust or such particles will be back again =)

It's probably a subliminal marketing technique from Canon. Every time you look through your VF, you wonder if you should have gone with 'C' instead.

sure sounds like hair to me...Just dismount the lens, turn the camera such that the mount is facing the ground, then just the blower and hope can blow the object off...

If cannot, you can then try bring down to NSC if still under warranty.. or if you can live with the object there, leave it alone :p

oh ok. was thinking how can hair fibre get into de focusing screen.
The lens was attatched all the time ?_?
Ok, this is interesting! Learnt something new :D

haha.. this thread is funny.. i burst out laughing and my mum thought i "ki siao" hahaha