Weird Focusing Issues! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratix

Oct 13, 2005
Ok, i really dont know what's going on, but here's what's happening:

i have a Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 lens, a 300D and a 30D now. it appears at 24mm, my 300D consistently gives me pretty bad backfousing of about 15mm, BUT however i've recently acquired a 30D, and it gave me pretty acceptable pictures.

The question now is that i've already sent my sigma lens for calibration, and is waiting for them to get back to me. Should i still send my lens back to them? cos initially, they tested my lens against my 300D body, and concluded the backfousing issue.

Should i send my lens to Sigma for calibration? or send my 300D to Canon for calibration?

all help appreciated! :D

no one knows?! =(

Ok, i really dont know what's going on, but here's what's happening:

i have a Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 lens, a 300D and a 30D now. it appears at 24mm, my 300D consistently gives me pretty bad backfousing of about 15mm, BUT however i've recently acquired a 30D, and it gave me pretty acceptable pictures.

The question now is that i've already sent my sigma lens for calibration, and is waiting for them to get back to me. Should i still send my lens back to them? cos initially, they tested my lens against my 300D body, and concluded the backfousing issue.

Should i send my lens to Sigma for calibration? or send my 300D to Canon for calibration?

all help appreciated! :D

usually camera vendor will calibrate lens for focusing issue. So you should send your lens to Sigma service centre.

usually camera vendor will calibrate lens for focusing issue. So you should send your lens to Sigma service centre.

but i've tested it, and it would work with my 30D. if i would to send my lens to calibrate, wont it be off on my 30D now?

but i've tested it, and it would work with my 30D. if i would to send my lens to calibrate, wont it be off on my 30D now?

Bring both your cameras with you when you collect and test it on the spot. :dunno:

most likely ur 300D calibration is out...u should try other lens on the 300D see if other lens do bk focus or nt...if it do...send it ur cam for calibration...

Or maybe it's his eyes or monitor that needs calibration? :think:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

weird thing is that his 300d focuses well with his other lenses(10-22mm, 50mm, etc)
i don find this weird... my 80-200 have focus error on my d50 but not on my friend d70s and d200, but it focus perfectly with my other 2 lenses on d50 (tamron 28-75, tokina 12-24).

i don find this weird... my 80-200 have focus error on my d50 but not on my friend d70s and d200, but it focus perfectly with my other 2 lenses on d50 (tamron 28-75, tokina 12-24).

so did u manage to solve the problem? of making ur 80-200 work with ur d50 as well as other cameras?

so did u manage to solve the problem? of making ur 80-200 work with ur d50 as well as other cameras?
use manual focus lor... anyway its only have this problem when focusing subject is within 5m+/- range and when using 135-200mm. :cry:
i actually did some search, and seems that im not the only one who encountered this problem.

most likely ur 300D calibration is out...u should try other lens on the 300D see if other lens do bk focus or nt...if it do...send it ur cam for calibration...

all my other lens (the 10-22, the 50 the 70-200) all worked perfectly.

kinda weird... =(

different camera bodies, different (& maybe wrongly adjusted) diopter adjustments? :think: :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.